Montreal News and Notes
- After being traded twice in two different leagues, Nick Suzuki is determined to crack the Canadiens’ roster this season. [TSN]
- Cayden Primeau didn’t just work on his hockey skills during the offseason, he also did some reading up — on psychology. [NHL]
- Marc Bergevin made it clear that the club has changed direction and plans to give the younger defencemen in the organization a chance, not Andrei Markov. [TSN]
- In their second Rookie Tournament, Allan McShane and Cole Fonstad are hoping to earn a training camp invite. [NHL]
- The Canadiens’ prospects dropped a 4-2 decision on Saturday night, but Joel Bouchard was pleased with the overall performance of the group. [NHL]
- The Laval Rocket coach is hoping to guide the Canadiens’ farm team to the playoffs for only the second time in eight years. [Montreal Gazette]
- You know Kotkaniemi’s smile is contagious when it even cracks the Man Mountain!
- After a 10-year relationship, one of the most famous celebrity couples in Montreal — former Canadiens’ player Brandon Prust and wife Maripier Morin — are calling it quits. [Montreal Gazette]
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Craig Berube is fired up about defending the Stanley Cup with the St. Louis Blues. [NHL]
- Simon Holmstrom and Bode Wilde find themselves on the sidelines at the start of the Islanders rookie camp. [NHL]
- Connor McDavid is aiming to be on the ice during the Oilers season opener on October 2. [NHL]
- After finishing last in the Pacific Division and recording a league-worst goal differential of minus-60 last year, Anze Kopitar thinks the Kings have something to prove this season. [Yahoo Sports]
- Watch out for Alex Lyon!