Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Spending time in Laval wouldn’t hurt Nick Suzuki or Ryan Poehling. [Sportsnet]
- The Laval Rocket are making two pre-season games free to the public. [Montreal Gazette]
- Brendan Gallagher has spent a lifetime turning obstacles into opportunities. [The Athletic]
- The state of the Habs, one year after the departure of Max Pacioretty and drafting of Jesperi Kotkaniemi. [The Athletic]
- Five candidates for a trial run with the Habs. [Journal de Montreal]
- Keith Kinkaid is embracing the soul of Montreal with his new mask.
Around the league and elsewhere
- Did hockey kill two Toronto Maple Leaf stalwarts of the 80s? [The Athletic]
- Andrei Svechnikov says Alex Ovechkin is the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world. [The Score]
- What the NHL could learn from the NBA when it comes to branding its stars. [The Athletic]
- The San Jose Sharks have added Kendall Coyne Schofield to their broadcast team. [Frank Seravalli]
- Twitch has been named the exclusive live streaming partner of the NWHL. [NWHL]
- Zach Fucale is raising awareness for cystic fibrosis.
View this post on Instagram
What’s up everybody, i’d like to send out a message to a good buddy and ex goalie partner @dagostini30 @dagostinigoaltending take a moment to check out the incredible initiative he is a big part of @saves4cf ——————————————————————— @saves4cf is an initiative that raises money for Cystic Fibrosis. It has helped raise over 100 000$ to date !!!!! Every save Andrew makes is 1$ more toward the effort to raise awareness and end CF. It Runs across 4 teams (University of Guelph, Peterborough Petes, Brampton beast and Reading Royals) ——————————————————— Please take a minute to check out their website, share his page, give it a follow, get a T-shirt, a hat for the winter, anything to help. Well done Dags! #charity #cysticfibrosis #hockey #hockeyhelps #goaltending #savesforcf