For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Last game before the real season starts. Let’s make it a good one!
- Good news: Price is back in net. That means his bruised hand wasn’t actually a broken arm or something.
- Suzuki heads towards the net but hesitates. Now’s not the time for second-guessing, Nick.
- Tatar-Danault-Gallagher = gimme more!
- Ben Chiarot takes on Bobby Ryan behind the net after Ryan takes a little shot at Price.
- Seconds later, Domi drops the gloves with Scott Sabourin. It’s looking pretty cozy in the penalty box.
- It’s not just me, right? Domi’s starting to morph into the Joker.
- And we’re on the board with an unassisted shorthanded goal by Danault!
- Price is looking pretty good tonight. Yes, I know, it’s not strange for me to say that. But it’s true.
- A cheeky pass by Gally and Tatar makes it 2-0! I knew that line was special.
- Someone should explain to the Sens that goals don’t count when you kick the puck in the net. That’s gotta be Hockey 101.
- The person running the PA is playing “Alive and Kicking” while they review the goal. That. Is. Awesome.
- Now that they know the rules, Ryan uses his stick to cut the lead in half.
- Well, the power play isn’t going so well. You know, since Duclair tied it up.
- A high stick on Cousins followed by a tripping on Gallagher and no call. Used up all your penalty calls already have you, refs?
- Suzuki tees up Domi but he goes wide. Suzuki is outplaying Domi tonight.
- I wonder if Domi is trying to prove that he can make the roster no matter if he plays good or... not so good?
- Julien does not look happy as Poehling heads to the box for his second tripping call of the night.
- Ahhhh....”Carey” chants. They just do not get old.
- And then he left the net and gave the game away. I feel every Habs fan did a head slap at the same time on that one.
- Gallagher saves Prices butt!! Tie game with less that a minute left.
- We’re exchanging breakaways but nobody can finish up this preseason.
- Price is not letting Duclair get past him twice. What a save!
- SUZUKI wraps it up in the final minute!! Guess you got that roster spot, Nick.
- That’s it. We’re all warmed up. Let’s get this season started!