For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Leafs get it off the post, across the goal line, and hit the other post but no goal. Teasing them. I like it.
- What I don’t like is the Leafs getting the first goal of the game.
- Julien isn’t sure if someone knocking your goalie over is worth a challenge so 1-0 it is.
- Oooh... a power play, maybe we can get that one back.
- Or not.
- It looked as if they had a plan for the first half of the power play. During the second half some parts must have been redacted.
- The pressure is on and Tavares doubles it up.
- Have the Leafs been on a five-minute power play or something?
- You have your work cut out for you tonight, Kinkaid.
- I am absolutely on board that Kinkaid likes to stay close to home.
- You do realize there’s a whole other end of the rink, don’t you? ‘Cause we’re at 24-12 shots for the Leafs so far so I thought I’d check.
- And now we’re giving them a power play as Hudon gets called for a high stick.
- But we did a good job killing it, so there’s that.
- Suzuki fights back against Matthews when he least expects it. Well done, Suzuki. Well done.
- Drouin decides to make a pass to Weber through everyone while on a power play. Needless to say, it was not ideal.
- Four shots during the power play. Not bad. Did we score? No, but it’s a start. Right?
- Time for a little four-on-four. Maybe that’s where we’ll shine!
- Or not.
- Sorry, Charlie. Kinkaid is pretty solid in net. Might as well get comfy on the bench.
- Seriously?! We’re halfway through the third and Kinkaid has faced 47 shots. Not cool, guys. Soooo not cool.
- What else can we talk about? Defense? Nope. Offense? Nope.
- Could it get any worse, my friends? Yes, it can. A Matthews goal.
- Barrie...get your fifthly Leaf hands off Gallagher.
- I can just hear Carey Price saying, it’s preseason and to just chill. Ahhh...Price. I’m ok now (sorta).