For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Tatar has as basically as many NHL goals as this entire Leafs’ team? Amazing.
- Remembering that the Habs got Jeff Petry for peanuts makes me so happy.
- Alright, let's actually score on the power play please.
- Oh no, Charles.
- Fortunately, Charlie Lindgren was up for the challenge.
- Just when I was gonna make a comment about how at least the power play wasn't a disaster too.
- Petry with the BOOM.
- These are some real pre-season passes we've got going on right now.
- Well, there was a lot of weight thrown around, Lindgren made some saves, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's about it.
- Oh, Brook looked pretty good.
- Uhgggggggggg Habs. Why. (Also, btw, that is how you score on the power play.)
- Bless Wes McAuley.
- Although it may have been kinder to not give it to them.
- Oh geez. This is ending really well.
- Another penalty? sigh.
- Thompson against the entire Leafs team ends much better than you would imagine.
- That may have cost the Leafs a penalty, but let's be real, it'll probably be fine.
- That was nice from Domi. He's looked pretty good tonight, him and Tatar both.
- Well, this period was as underwhelming as the first.
- Is it too early in the season to decline power plays?
- Nothing about that goal was good.
- They're playing a little better now, but still pretty meh.
- I suppose a loss was inevitable, but losing like this is pretty disappointing.
- Brooks and Evans have been pretty good, Domi and Tatar showed flashes of their last year's selves, but otherwise this was a very lacklustre game.
- Leafs win 3-0.