For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Canadiens are undefeated against the Panthers so far this season.
- In fact, they are undefeated so far this season... I have to say it while I can.
- This first line is the hockey version of a very strong espresso. I was a bit drowsy before. I’m quite awake now though.
- Jordan Weal scores one, and we then get an early power-play? I don’t hate the pre-season.
The Real Deal Jordan Weal opens the scoring for Montreal with a great drive to the net. pic.twitter.com/Q2sPu0BNQq— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 19, 2019
- What is that old expression? Only three things in life are certain; death, taxes, and the Canadiens power-play being disappointing. I think that’s how it goes.
- I love seeing plays with the little guys out there, skating their hardest, fighting every second to earn a spot on the roster-Oh wait-that one was Gallagher.
- Victor Mete with a shot. He is still searching for his first goal as a Hab. I hope Ryan Poehling is extra nice to him...
- I do not enjoy watching Carey Price make mistakes. It sets me on edge. Yes, yes, I know, it’s pre-season for him too.
- Jordan Weal may be the new Daniel Carr. Not in regards to play, but in regards to automotive puns. Vroom.
- OH MY GOODNESS. That turnover was a special kind of sloppy. One of those messes where you forget the vacuum and just throw out the rug.
- WHAT. Really? Why? I’ll amend my earlier statement. This is now developing into one of those messes where you sublet the apartment and move cross town.
- BRENDAN GALLAGHER, all the sparks you need in convenient travel size.
That is a preseason Gally goal to cut into the Panthers lead. pic.twitter.com/189kzGdYBI— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 20, 2019
- Wheel.Hits.The.Post. I felt it. It hurt.
- Kulak from Suzuki, it’s glorious and I would like more.
OH MY— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 20, 2019
What a pass by Nick Suzuki to Brett Kulak for a Habs goal. pic.twitter.com/iTqpIPW3Bd
- Brendan Gallagher does it again. After a long off-season he is looking more than comfortable back in his net-front office.
- Oh man. The panthers goaltender has lost his stick. That’s a rough go. It’s going to be a bad time.
- It wasn’t that bad a time, nor was it that long a time.
- Where is Paul Byron? I’m not asking in the “ I’ve barely noticed him” sense, but the, “literally he is not there” sense.
- Being a Habs fan is fun, because you get to say crazy things like “I hate power-play goals”, and because they are scored on us and not by us, it is entirely truthful.
- The curious case of the missing Paul Byron continues.
- Artturi Lehkonen looks hungry out there.
- The thing about Suzuki, is during the off-season I sort of forgot about him. (It’s not you kid, it’s me). Now I’m seeing him and it is a very appreciated and delightful surprise. he is exciting.
- Bezile just did the most delightful little trick with his stick. That is the kind of creative mischief this team needs.
- I would not hate if Mete’s first goal was an OT winner. I would not hate it at all.
- Brett Kulak came pretty close there.
- Panthers are looking like some sleepy kitties out there.
- I came out to have a good time, and I probably should have caffeinated before the third.
- Suzuki tucks in a glorious little shot top right.
Cheeky stuff from Nick Suzuki in the shootout! pic.twitter.com/rAsBGQzJHB— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 20, 2019
- Weal, scores his, right in the same spot as Suzuki. I mean, if it works, why change it?
- Varone wins it, low left this time.
- We came for the hockey, they gave us all of the hockey.