For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Preseason! We’re one step closer folks!
- It’s been about five months since we’ve done a TSM. How does this go again?
- Oh, yeah...GO HABS!
- We have a mixture of players on the ice tonight fighting for a spot. Call me crazy, but I’m pretty confident Price is going to crack the roster again this year.
- Lehkonen lights the lamp! Let’s see more of that during regular season Lehky.
- Make that 2-0 thanks to Thompson. That’s right fellas, have fun with it! Wait, Byron’s not playing tonight is he?
- No, but Domi is. It’s preseason Domi. Enjoy being the first player to head to the sin bin.
- Will Butcher snipes one over Price’s shoulder to get the Devils on the board.
- Hudon heads to the net with the puck and...fans. Oh dear, Charles.
- Looks like all that footage review Drouin did this summer might actually pay off.
- We’re heading to a power play. *It’s a new season. It’s a new season... *
- “Carey, Carey” chants in the preseason. Enjoyable.
- One shot on goal during the power play and it didn’t go in. They might just have this power play thing figured out!
- It’s halfway through the second so Primeau is taking over for Price. No pressure.
- WHAT A SAVE!! I’d say no pressure.
- We weren’t the only ones impressed by Primeau’s save
Even Carey Price is impressed by that save by Primeau pic.twitter.com/aVUZAtcD9h— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 17, 2019
- Now Cayden, don’t get too cocky. If you’re coming out to play the puck, you’re also responsible for stopping the puck from going in the net.
- Hudon with some sweet moves as he plays pinball and takes out two Devils in the process.
- Another great save as Primeau proves that he’s much better in the net than behind it.
- Seriously? Five penalties during the first game of the preseason? Against the Devils?
- Time to test the power play instead of the penalty kill for a change.
- Can anybody explain why Domi is always so amped up during preseason?
- Jake Evans doesn’t give up and takes the lead with a shorthanded goal with just over two minutes left.
- And just to make sure, Nick Cousins seals the deal with an empty-netter to make it 4-2.
- This season just may be pretty fun.