Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Cayden Primeau is a late bloomer for the Habs. [Montreal Gazette]
- Charles Hudon hasn’t spoken to Marc Bergevin yet this summer. [Journal de Montreal]
- Nate Thompson talks about some of his favourite things. [Montreal Canadiens]
- Elite Prospects ranks the Canadiens’ prospect pool sixth in the NHL. [EP Rinkside (Paywall)]
- The Calgary Flames’ decision to part ways with Brett Kulak turned out to be a grave miscalculation. [The Athletic]
- Alexander Romanov and friend:
Around the league and elsewhere
- Sean Gordon breaks down how the average NHLer spends his paycheque, with the help of Marco Scandella who opens up about the pervasive lack of financial knowledge among the players. [The Athletic]
- Juuso Valimaki’s torn ACL means that the Flames are in the market for defenders. [TSN]
- How come today’s NHLers don’t hit or take slapshots like they used to? [The Athletic]
- Will the arrival of Sergei Bobrovsky be enough to put the Florida Panthers over the top? [ProHockeyTalk]
- Robin Lehner’s new mask expresses a solidarity with others suffering from mental health issues.
#SameHere is an expression which means: I’ve faced challenges in life too. Those challenges have affected my mental health. It’s a sign that we hope will unite the world to once and for all, normalize how universal this topic is. pic.twitter.com/gWsuDIwkMR— Robin Lehner (@RobinLehner) August 13, 2019
- Brynas IF will feature an integrated intrasquad game for the first time this year.