Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- He may have missed out on Sebastian Aho, but Marc Bergevin’s off-season is far from over. [TSN]
- According to Carolina, Aho’s agent may have misrepresented his client’s interest in signing with the Canadiens. [Montreal Gazette]
- An offer sheet is a bold move, and the Habs should be prepared to make even more bold moves before the 2019-20 season gets started. [The Athletic]
- The addition of Max Domi via trade last summer turned out to be refreshing change for everyone, including fans. [EOTP]
- ICYMI: The Habs signed free agent Phil Varone on Wednesday. [EOTP]
- Lookout Montreal ComicCon, here comes the Habs!
We’re pumped to be back at this year’s @Mtlcomiccon, where the first 1,000 Club 1909 members to pass by our booth will get this FREE Canadiens poster!— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) July 3, 2019
Come by and say hi, this Friday to Sunday!
♂️ https://t.co/XKVnkDuOd6#GoHabsGo pic.twitter.com/URhZKJsjoZ
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Thanks to donations, the CWHL announced they will now be able to pay out player bonuses. [The Athletic]
- Sergei Bobrovsky believes he can win the Stanley Cup in Florida with Joel Quenneville and the Panthers. [TSN]
- The first day or two of free agency always stirs some controversy, but some of those contracts might actually be good. [Sportsnet]
- Nathan MacKinnon plays “What’s in the Box?”