Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- A groin injury suffered during Canadiens’ development camp will keep Jayden Strauble out of the World Junion Summer Showcase.
A groin injury that happened in Montreal's development camp is what's keeping Jayden Struble out of the World Junior Summer Showcase, per source. Look for Struble at Northeastern this season if he takes care of academic business as expected this summer— Mark Divver (@MarkDivver) July 11, 2019
- Cole Caufield dishes on some of his favourite things. [Montreal Canadiens]
- ICYMI: Marc Bergevin successfully avoided arbitration with Artturi Lehkonen and Joel Armia. [EotP: Lehkonen | Armia]
- Recent attendee of the Habs’ development camp Yegveni Oksentyuk has signed a contract with the Flint Firebirds of the OHL.
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi will suit up in a charity game in Lahti this summer.
#Habs Jesperi Kotkaniemi will join team young stars against team@old stars in a charity game in Lahti, Finland this summer, benefiting the youth development in Finland. #GoHabsGo (source: https://t.co/Q7mncQHPoe) pic.twitter.com/8wlwFyBHHt— Patrik Bexell (@Zeb_Habs) July 11, 2019
- Laval Rocket assistant coach Alex Burrows will be inducted into the Vancouver Canucks Ring of Honour. [Sportsnet]
Around the league and elsewhere
- The New York Rangers have signed Kaapo Kakko to an ELC. [TSN]
- Looking at the 10 best... [The Athletic]
- ... and the 10 worst contracts in hockey. [The Athletic]
- Three free agency signings this offseason that will cause regret in the future. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Teams looking for free agent bargains should look at “antiques,” players with long resumes who could be had for cheap dollars and short terms. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Nazem Kadri explains why he nixed a trade to the Calgary Flames. [Sportsnet]
- Are the playoffs within reach for the Vancouver Canucks? [Sportsnet]
- The Toronto Maple Leafs really can’t afford to go over $10 million for Mitch Marner. [TSN (Video)]