- Charlie Lindgren gets the start tonight and Carey gets to sit back and relax
- Philip Danault takes home the Jacques Beauchamp Trophy and Carey Price is named the Molson Cup Player of the Year
- Though I don’t want it to end, one last time this season, let’s do that hockey
- For real though, what’s better than Toronto-Montreal on a Saturday night with Bob Cole on the call? Maybe still vying for a playoff spot but I will do my best not to dwell on that too much tonight, team
- I really need Mete to get a goal tonight. Just cuz.
- Toronto gets on the board first courtesy of a deflection off of Shea Weber
- Toronto with another one - Gardiner this time
- Andersen with a few solid saves so far
- So many chances early on because defense is optional tonight
- Poehling scores his first NHL goal! (challenged for goaltender interference because Toronto ruins EVERYTHING) but you can’t take this one from him, Leafs
- At the end of 20, Toronto is up 2-1 and I am three glasses of wine in
- Alright second period - here. we. go.
- POEHLING again! Kid is spending his night parked right in front of Andersen and it is paying off
- I don’t want to get too greedy here but let’s see some hats tossed tonight
- Shaw took a tumble into Andersen who appears to be in some discomfort and is heading towards the bench
- Habs do a little shout out for Bob Cole and the crowd stands for a hockey legend
- Weal scores on the...power play? Habs up 3-2!
- And just like that, Moore scores and we are tied up
- Huge glove save by Lindgren
- Lehkonen tosses the puck back to Domi who sends it over to Shaw who snipes one home. This game is bonkers
- Another big glove save by Lindgren, this time on Matthews
- Nylander scores
- Petry’s stick explodes on a shot and Marleau jumps on the puck. Lindgren stops Marleau on the breakaway - having a pretty darn good game
Charlie Lindgren's glove save on Auston Matthews. pic.twitter.com/SUoBzPdDDR— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) April 7, 2019
- The last twenty minutes of Habs hockey we will watch until the fall - le sigh - here we go
- We are almost six minutes without a goal. How boring
- Bodies are flying all over the place
- Kapanen scores
- Under four minutes left and still down a goal...do we have one more comeback in us?
- POEHLING HAT TRICK. Is this real life?!
- Even Bergevin has a slight smile on his face tonight after that
- Thanks to Poehling, this game is going to OT
- Weal knocked into Lindgren who stays down for a moment, but he appears to be okay
- What an OT - some amazing chances for both sides, but the goalies stood tall and we are off to a shootout
- Tatar —> Stopped
- Matthews —> Scores
- Drouin —> Scores
- Marner —> Stopped
- Weal (what) —> POST ah
- Tavares —> Stopped
- Poehling —> Scores!
- Kapanen —> STOPPED AND THE CANADIENS END THE SEASON WITH A WIN
Highlight of the Night
Ryan Poehling scored his first ... and second ... and third NHL career goals on Saturday night!
Ryan Poehling with a hat trick in his NHL debut— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) April 7, 2019
Oh baby indeed. pic.twitter.com/g1HVqGQwHc
EOTP 3 Stars
3) If there’s anything good about not making the playoffs, it’s no game conflicts with Game of Thrones
2) 2019-20 should be a fun season
1) Especially with this Leafs killer in the lineup