For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- MIKE JOHNSON!! We win.
- MAYBE DON’T LET EVGENY KUZNETSOV INTO THE ZONE ALL BY HIMSELF.
- Lars. Sob
- I’m so glad Byron’s ok.
- Oooh very nice look from Andrew Shaw there.
- This great start so means that the Washington Capitals are gonna score first.
- The Habs are being aggressive to very good effect this period.
- Oh that was almost so pretty from Petry.
- Of course. Of course it was Lars. Why do you have to break my heart like this??
- I hate being right.
- Oh my word...is that...a POWER PLAY GOAL???
- IT WAS. O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN.
- That passing was mint.
- Oh dear sweet lord that was bad.
- How was that onside??
- HOW DID HE MISS THAT?????????
- This is not good.
- Thank you Carey. This is awful. Everything is awful.
- Oh my god why.
- Montreal is both doing so well and so badly.
- Carey Price is saving their butts.
- Everything about this game is making me sad.
- Washington, you don’t NEED this win. Let us have this please.
- Come on Habs...please score...
- Of all the games for the hockey gods to point and laugh, this was the worst.
- Hey NJ, could you please do us a solid and STOP LOSING??????? I don’t want to do another post season of Bitter Bandwagoner Habs Fan’s TSMs. I want to do playoff TSMs, damn it.
- Thank you Carey.
- But also, Habs, please don’t leave Backstrom all by himself. Not a good idea. Not a good idea at all.
- There’s enough time for one goal. Come on boys.
- Hey, Victor, now would be a VERY good time for that first goal in a season.
- Ok, so like, there’s still plenty of time for one goal. But like...that time is RAPIDLY RUNNING OUT.
- Please stop. Please stop this.
- Oh Jeff. That was almost perfect.
- When they said keep an eye out on Cary Price, pretty sure that’s not what they meant.
- Ok someone in white. FRICKING SCORE.
- Oh god. They’re gonna score an empty netter and I’m gonna cry.
- Go away Larry, no one wants you here.*
- *We all know that’s a lie.
- I hate everything.
- This is the longest final 40 seconds ever.
- I am now officially the world’s biggest Rangers fan ever, and *gag* Senators fan.
- Habs lose 2-1.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) One last valiant effort from this bunch
2) Playoffs were always going to be tough. It’s amazing the run has lasted this long
... in any of the next 10 years.