For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- We gotta win. Not like a “it would be nice to win” gotta win. We gotta win.
- I can feel the nervous energy already. Or is that just me?
- Former IceCap Eddie Pasquale is in net for the Lightning. I used to like you Eddie. But you’ve gone to the Ultimate Dark Side so we can no longer be friends.
- And Tampa are on the board already.
- The goal is going to Stamkos but, to be fair, it should really go to Domi.
- Hey, Drouin. If there’s any night you’ll want to show up, it’s tonight.
- Habs are throwing bombs at Pasquale. Now we’re seeing a bit of fire.
- Tatar, Danault, and Gallagher with some great corner work and jamming the puck at Pasquale. We’re coming for you, Eddie.
- Thompson notches his first goal as a Hab to tie it up!!
- What the hell, Pasquale?! How are you doing this?
- The Canadiens outshot the Lightning 19-7 by the end of the first. I smell desperation... and I like it.
- Pasquale gets his glove on the puck before Drouin can get it on his stick.
- I’m pretty sure Price laughed when stopped Erne’s attempt at getting a wrister past him.
- Firing on all cylinders + a cocky goaltender = two points?
- After we tie it up again.
- Is this because I said we can’t be friends, Eddie?
- Armia banks it off Pasquale from behind the goal line to tie it up once again!
- I’m starting to think Pasquale’s glove has some kind of puck magnet in it. That can’t be legal.
- Five shots on goal for Brendan “Energizer Bunny” Gallagher. This will be your period, Gally.
- On a side note... Columbus lost! Nice. Job. Bruins.
- Oh boy, there’s chances on both sides of the ice. I was stressed before the game even started.
- Gally finally beats Pasquale... but not the crossbar.
- This is getting ridiculous. Pasquale wasn’t even looking at Mete’s shot and the puck just bounced off him.
- Lehkonen!! We’re in the lead! We’re in the lead!
- Cooper is desperate and calls for goaltender interference.
- We keep the lead!! In your face, Cooper!
- Domi makes up for his little first-period whoopsi and extends the lead by two!
- Let’s check in with the Leafs...3-1 Carolina in the middle of the third. Really Toronto? You had one job.
- At least we can do our job!
Highlight of the night
Just the winning goal in the biggest game of the year:
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Never too early; never too late
2) Consider these debts paid