- Cali trip, baby!
- Also, Carey Price gets another chance to tie Jacques Plante in wins tonight.
- Kotkaniemi out tonight, so newly-acquired Jordan Weal gets to make his debut.
- First impression: Weal is looking weal-ly good out there.
- Gally goal! Gallagher gets his 30th of the season early on, redirecting a Mete shot from the point.
- Back-to-back 30-goal seasons for Gallagher. Hooray! 27th Hab to record multiple 30-goal seasons.
- Not too shabby, Gally.
- Wow, it’s already 11:00 p.m. Anyone else resenting the 10:30 start right about now?
- Is it just me or have the Habs been missing the net lots tonight? No, it can’t just be me.
- Kings down low in the Habs zone, looking to even the score.
- Kopitar nearly does it! Nearly.
- Good chemistry from Montreal here in the first. 1-0 Habs headed to first intermission.
- Habs open the second building on that chemistry from the first.
- Weal gets the puck in the offensive zone, spinning. One might even say he was weal-ing.
- Carey Price makes an impressive save to shut down Jeff Carter breaking into the defensive zone.
- Halfway through and the Kings are starting to pick things up, two good chances in the Canadiens’ zone.
- Oh Dion, turnover in the defensive zone and the Habs are on the attack.
- Jordan Weal! First game as a Hab: check. First goal as a Hab: check.
- Looks like this new guy is the weal deal.
- Closing in on midnight here, I really don’t envy fans of Western Conference teams living on the East coast at all.
- Habs on the first power play of the game, looking to capitalize.
- Good morning, by the way.
- Another big save from Price as we return to even strength.
- Scramble in front of the Habs net, as the Kings desperately try to shorten the lead but Price is out there keeping himself on track to tie Plante’s record.
- This TSM is brought to you by coffee, lots of it.
- I was nodding off there for a sec, but Weber opens scoring 41 seconds into the third and suddenly I’m very much awake again. 3-0 Habs.
- Milestones on milestones tonight, Weber gets his 10th of the season. Good for his 10th 10n-goal season.
- Kings headed out on their first power play, let’s see how this goes.
- Killed off by the Habs penalty kill.
- Loving the organ rendition of the Pokemon theme song. Props, LA organist.
- Of course Price can’t get the shutout to tie the wins record, that would be too easy. 3-1 Habs with under 9:00 to go.
- Kulak gets 2:00 for slashing,
- Weal misses an open net as the final moments of the game wind down.
- Price ties the record for most wins by a Canadiens goaltender, also held by Jacques Plante.
- Weal performs extremely well in his Habs debut, netting his first goal.
- All-in-all a successful night!
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) He at least had a chance
2) The padded man at the back is pretty good
1) Dreaming minty dreams as we speak