For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Mete hits the post. I know what he’s doing, he’s waiting for the playoffs to score with a bang.
- Thompson with two short-handed chances but no go. This Thompson guy is looking pretty good.
- So, I count four infractions altogether but the only two that are called are against the Habs. It’s gonna be that kind of night...again.
- We’re heading to 5-on-3 as Petry and Weber share the sin bin. Who needs defencemen anyway?
- Say what you want about the power play, we just killed off those two penalties in style.
- I’m thinking the Habs pump-up song tonight was “Let’s Get Physical”.
- Habs power play now.
- Leo Komarov just did something to Brendan Gallagher, so we get to watch the Habs power play not score again...
- Wait a second... Did Joel Armia just score? On the power play?? DOES HE NOT KNOW THAT WE DON’T DO THAT???
- Hey guys, Matt Drake here. Andrea’s internet router exploded due to the sheer shock of Montreal scoring with a man-advantage, so you’re saddled up with ol’ Drizzy for the next 40.
- Andrew Shaw just got high sticked, so the newly potent Habs powerplay is about to...
- Shea Weber says “F&CK YOU, WE DECLINE THIS ONE.” 2-0 Habs, and that shot looked like it was intended to remove the net from it’s moorings.
- WhaaaaaaaaaAAAaaaaat did Carey Price just do??? 40-bell save there, fuck 10.
- WHAAAAAAAAAAT DID JONATHAN DROUIN AND CO. JUST DO AT THE OTHER END??? I’ll allow Drouin to also use the Drizzy moniker from now on. That goal was incredibly sexy.
- Knighting ceremony for Jonathan “Drizzy” Drouin will be behind the Belle Pro on Peel tomorrow night. Bring beer. For now, 3-0, let’s keep it going.
- Did Jordie Benn just score? Check that, it was weally one of his forwards who got a weally nice tip on it. 4-0...
- That Weal pun makes me want to punch myself in the face. Gonna have to go back on hiatus and write my next TSM sometime around March, 2032.
- Greiss kinda sounds like Price if you say it fast and don’t think about it. Keep in mind though that the latter is a living legend and the former is a sieve who just got yanked. Auf Wiedersehen.
- In all fairness, the Habs would have turned anyone other than Price himself into a sieve tonight.
- The Blue Jackets and Oilers game just started. So here’s hoping that Edmonton can do the Habs a serious favour, and that the Habs don’t start staring at the out-of-town scoreboard.
- Jordan Eberle just took Price out. He does that again and I’m going full Conor McGregor on their team bus as it leaves the Bell Centre.
- I’m talking full dolly-throwing. Might get a crew of Irish dudes to come help me out. If I do go on another hiatus I’ll probably be in prison.
- Not much ado in this period. I was hoping it would be the first time in my life that I would see two goalies from the same team chased in the same game, but this is what I get for wanting to see something that has never happened.
- Shaw just murdered Scott Mayfield.
- Clean a hit as you can get, but the refs call interference because it looked bad. Refs gonna ref, y’know?
- Thomas Hickey just took a disgusting run at Brendan Gallagher. Refs decided not to ref on that one. But no matter, Gallagher jumped up and gave him a strong one right to the grill for his effort.
- Thankfully it didn’t get silly. 4-0 Habs. Shutty for Carey Price.
- That’s it for tonight. Go Oilers.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Strangely, he also scored a goal tonight
2) I mean, who didn’t expect him to score his first NHL power-play goal in his 229th game?
1) A good strategy