For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Today is Max Domi’s birthday! Let’s hope he has an even bigger reason to celebrate tonight.
- Also, Price could tie Jacques Plante in wins tonight.
- Obviously, we can’t lose this one. There’s just too much to celebrate.
- Well, this is not the start we were hoping for. Just 21 seconds in and Crosby slips one past Price.
- I don’t blame Price. I don’t even blame Sid. I lay full blame on Benn for how that whole situation unfolded.
- Ok...so I blame Sid a little.
- We’re three minutes in and I’m pretty sure the Habs haven’t even crossed the center line yet.
- Malkin with a power-play goal. That’s unfortunate.
- Right off the faceoff Guentzel makes it 3-0. Halfway through the first. On four shots.
- A Weber post on the power play and an almost-goal by Domi is as close as we’re getting in this period.
- Alright, shake it off. You only need to score four goals. I mean, someone’s gonna get a hat trick anyway, right?
- Gallagher shoves Schultz into Murray on the way to the net so off to the box he goes.
- Price is looking solid now. Offense, you’re up.
- A Gally-goal!! Leave it to Gallagher to give us a glimmer of hope.
- Time for a little four-on-four. This could be a good thing.
- Well, it wasn’t a bad thing. On a night like this, I’ll take it.
- Soooo...about that hat trick.
- I mean, it doesn’t have to be a hat trick we can have a good ol’ fashioned collaboration. I’d be fine with that too. I’m not picky.
- A Byron breakaway! These are always fun!
- Less fun when the don’t end with a goal.
- Gallagher tries to whack another one past Murray but that damn goalie is having none of it.
- Pretty much every player that’s on the ice is scrambling in front of Murray while the puck bounces around like a hot potato.
- Danault hits the goalpost, the puck bounces off Murray’s leg, goes behind him, but not in the net.
- It’s not a hockey stick we needed tonight, it’s a magic wand.
- And there’s the empty-netter.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Always worth a shot
2) Your palates are safe
1) Narrator: It was not