For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Isn’t Price just the cutest in hockey? I mean, the Price family. The Price family is the cutest in hockey.
- Today is March 16. Price could win his 316th game tonight. I’m just sayin’.
- Price is tested right out of the gate and he’s ready for it. Of course he is. You think he’s not going to be on his game after that ceremony?
- “The Canadiens’ power play... dismal.” Tell it like it is, Bob.
- Well, that actually wasn’t too painful to watch.
- Bit of a sloppy period by both teams, but I think we’re going to make Crawford earn his paycheck tonight.
- Let’s hope he doesn’t.
- You know what I think we need this period? A strategy.
- Byron off the post!
- But Murphy gets it between the posts to open the scoring. On their first shot of the period.
- A little two-on-one with Lehkonen and Thompson zoning in on Crawford but Thompson can’t tie it up.
- Looks like the Habs aren’t going for the green beer on Paddy’s Day weekend, they’d rather have turnovers. Get it? Turnovers! Perhaps I’ve had too much green beer.
- The best part of heading to another power play is watching Toews throw a hissy fit.
- That’s not very nice Corey. Haven’t you been paying attention to Lehks crappy puck luck? Next time, I think you should let him score. It’s the decent thing to do.
- I was right. The Habs are making Crawford earn his paycheck, out-shooting the Blackhawks 30-19. They just have nothing to show for it. Yet.
- We’re heading to a power play just 36 seconds in. Ummm... yay?
- And here come the boos.
- Perlini goes upstairs on Price to make it 2-0.
- Lehkonen beats Crawford this time but not the post. Poor, poor Lehks.
- Forty-eight shots on Crawford but nadda. Well, at least they tried.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) We have our top candidate for power-play coach next season
2) The party’s over
1) Or has it just begun?