- Big weekend ahead, two very winnable games for the Canadiens, and they typically play well in New York.
- Here’s hoping that continues tonight, otherwise the $150 I spent on beer today might immediately be dug into.
- Predicting a goal for Artturi Lehkonen tonight, his best games always come on Broadway it feels like.
- Also, a first point for Nate Thompson as well?
- Oh good, another player making their NHL debut, good thing they almost never score against the Habs in those.
- Lehkonen comes close with the wraparound!
- Pionk sounds like a Pokemon, not a hockey player.
- Well that solid start evaporated rather quickly.
- Ah good, a Lemieux that’s a reckless pain in the ass, that’s always fun and original.
- Well, thank god Carey Price is sharp, or this is a 2-0 Rangers lead.
- Another prime chance for Lehkonen, he’s gonna do the thing I’m telling y’all.
- OH GOD NO NOT A POWER PLAY.
- At least there was no momentum going for that power play to kill right?
- That was most certainly a period of hockey, it wasn’t good hockey mind you but still.
- WHY IS SOMEONE LOOKING AT BRENDAN GALLAGHER?
- And now a penalty kill, not a great sign there fellas.
- CAREY EFFING PRICE
- Great pushback from the Domi/Drouin/Shaw triumvirate after the penalty kill.
- Hey cool Gallagher is just fine, and the game is tied!
- Saucy pass from Tatar there(ducks for incoming tomatoes)
- Price and Lundqvist with dueling incredible saves, and I’m reminded how much fun this goalie showdown can be.
- Oh come really, a power play again?
- Good work Jeff, way to stop that before it did any damage to the team!
- See, if Petry didn’t negate the power play, Christian Folin’s dump-in never would have taken a weird bounce for Joel Armia’s goal!
- TOMAS TAT-awww man
- I like heading into intermissions with a lead, it’s the best, almost as good as booping a dog’s nose.
- Why are people throwing things on the ice?
- A night of weird bounces eh? Ths one off of Jordie Benn’s thigh and nearly into the net.
- What an effort by Joel Armia, fending off the Rangers defence, then ripping a shot by Lundqvist!
- I wish I had more to say, but the pace has picked up plenty in the third, and that most certainly favours the Montreal forward group.
- Oh Chris Kreider’s knee hurts after colliding with someone? That’s so sad, Alexa play “Despacito”
- I am utterly shocked it took this long for Max Domi and Brendan Lemieux to get in a jawing contest.
- Oh look, Carey Price doing Carey Price things,it must be a day ending in “Y”.
- Of course after I’ve spent all night making fun of him, Lemieux scores.
- HAT TRICK FOR JOEL AR-THREE-A!
Highlight of the night
Had this save not been made, the playoff picture could be looking very different right now.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Decent night from the netminder
2) Just enjoying a little Finnish
1) Three doses of Karmia, to be exact