For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Big night tonight. We could slip into the second spot in the Atlantic. Shhh...don’t tell the Leafs.
- Welcome back, Shaw! Fifty-one seconds in and Shaw gets the party started by opening the scoring.
- And Johnsson quickly answers back. Buckle up. It’s gonna be that kinda night.
- Price loses sight and Zaitsev gets one past him to take the lead. Zaitsev? Really? Dude.
- Off to the sin bin for Danault so off to the first (definitely not the last the way things are going) power play of the night.
- Tavares takes a double minor for a high stick on Benn. Tighten up the skates boys. Time to even it up.
- Have I mentioned we’re only eight minutes in?
- Puck is bouncing. Players are diving. Anderson is freaking out...but nothing.
- Shots are even and we’re only down by one. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Nadda. Zip. Zilch. Nil. If I say it enough, maybe it will be true.
- Petry rattles Anderson by hitting the post and Tatar takes advantage by following up with a quick wrist shot to tie it up.
- That’s all fine and dandy, but I wonder who got the assist? That’s right... it was Carey Price!
- Hyman gives Price a snow shower. Dirty Hyman.
- That’s been called a penalty more than once. Guess the same rules don’t apply tonight.
- Fun fact: Gallagher hasn’t taken a goaltender interference penalty yet this season. Does that mean he’s leaving his office, or is he just getting sneakier?
- That’s strange. We’re three minutes in and nobody has scored yet.
- Building the suspense, hey guys? I see where you’re going with this.
- Hymen doesn’t seem to find the Gally grin as charming as I do.
- Domi whacks the puck in but it’s a high stick. Quickly waved off with no argument. We were ahead by half a second. Next time, it will be longer.
- Penalty on Matthews for delay of game. If you’re going to score on the power play at all, now would be the perfect time.
- A power-play Gally goal!! I knew we had a connection Gally.
- Annnnd Nylander goes five hole to tie it up once again. * grabs beer *
- Benn lays out Nylander. That’s what you get Willie.
- Leafs penalty with 31.8 seconds left. Do you hear me Gally? It’s time. Let’s end this.
- Four-on-three. Get ‘er done fellas.
- Julien calls a timeout. That works. Reset.
- Power play over.
- Damn you Tavares.
EOTP 3 Stars
At least we have this image