For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Its Carey Price against Conor McDavid! I am excited!
- It’s also time for l’Arttiste to break his goalscoring duck...
- Great anthem, it’s not “Flower of Scotland”, but still great.
- Byron sets up Domi for a huge chance, no goal.
- ... and the power play works - Shea Webber opens the scoring with a well placed shot!!!
- Milan Lucic is still bad, he sends Victor Mete into the boards. Mete can go off by his own but goes directly to the dressing room for evaluation.
- PowerKill Montreal, another Olier to the sin-bin.
- A good power play, even if there was no result.
- Max Domi gets pushed into Koskinen by Russell and gets called for goalie interference. Montreal needs to work hard the next two minutes.
- ... and we have a tied game, Draisaitl...
- I want the Moomin line to score.
- Gallagher misses the open net on Drouin’s rebound.
- Darnell Nurse saves the for the Oliers, Max Domi calls 9-1-1 to call in a robbery.
- Mete is back! (Thank Price for that!)
- Max Domi with the wraparound! 2-1.
- Montreal gets a power play thanks to Lehkonen.
- Drouin takes a penalty, but Draisaitl gets an embellishment call (I don’t get the embellishment call at all).
- Mete covering McDavid perfectly, Price can make an easy save.
- Another Canadien goes to the sin-bin, that’s not how you win hockey games.
- Carey Price, Carey Price and CAREY PRICE again!
- and then that McDavid guy....
- Thank Price that it was Rieder and not McDavid on that breakaway.
- Byron hurt, he is off directly to the dressing room.
- Another Canadien in the box, and another goal for the Oilers.
- Oh Max Domi, that’s not a smart penalty...
- Byron wont return, upper body injury.
- Mete gets a good shot on, but of course no goal.
- Power play time, let’s get going guys.
- Nothing really happens in this period, and Montreal should really be pushing for a goal.
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi with a backhand that would have impressed at Roland Garos in Paris. We have a tied game!!!!
- Some blending of the lines down the stretch.
- Oh my god, thy name is Carey Price!!!!!
- Jonathan Drouin wins the game in overtime!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Their loss
2) It ain’t over till it’s over