For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Ok Habs, I have a terrible head cold, and am feeling awful. I win would definitely help me feel better.
- Mete and Petry together? I like that.
- On the other hand, Benn and Weber against Larkin makes me nervous...
- Not a bad start. If they could just hit the net...
- Poor Lehk.
- Oh hi Rosie.
- Please go play in the other zone Habs. this isn't good...
- THANK YOU TUNA. Oh my. That was nice. Against his former team too.
- And even better than that, no power play.
- Is it supper petty of me to hope that Kotkaniemi way outplays Zadina in this game?
- Huh. That was a pretty good shift.
- I did not realize Shaw had that many points this year.
- Oh geez, Habs...come on.
- I WAS going to say this would be a good time for a Byron shorty...but that'd be a bit difficult seeing as he's in the box...
- Please get the puck out of the zone...
- Oh no Lehk. Wait... Detroit pulled their goalie, and there's not six players.
- That's also not a high-stick lol.
- Come on Montreal. Please get your act together.
- ANDREW. That was a funny one!
- Oh. Oh Lehk. My sweet summer child. One of these days those goals will come back.
- GALLY GOALS ARE THE BEST GOALS. IT IS KNOWN.
- Geez. Two GoT references in a row. I didn't even do that on purpose.
- How did no one put that one past Howard.
- ...Geeez Max. That almost ended terribly.
- Domi makes an almost terrible mistake on one end, and then goes to the other end and scores a beauty.
- Joel may have never been so open in his life. (Detroit, were you even trying?) Kotka, you beauty. That net was SO wide open.
- Geez. Montreal why.
- SHAW AGAIN. OH MY.
- Oh Andrew.
- Jonathan Bernier in nets now.
- Dear sweet lord. Max Domi is having a very good night.
- The Red Wings defense? Not so much.
- Clearly the solution to the power play problem is to literally never have one.
- Please do not break Shea Weber.
- Haha I'm not the only one with Game of Thrones on the mind.
- Maybe we could get Lehk a goal this game...
- Or....mayyyybe not.
- Get Domi a hatty.
- Get Shaw a hatty.
- Get Lehk and/or Mete a goal...
- Not a tall order or anything...
- ...that came out of left field.
- Lehk. Oh Lehk.
- SHAWZY WITH THE HATTY.
- Max Domi has five points. Just saying. And Drouin has four. That line was ridiculous.
- Carey Price doing Carey Price things.
- Montreal wins 8-1!!!
Highlight of the night
What a pass by Kotkaniemi, easy Finnish by Joel Armia pic.twitter.com/yq77OgsIBx— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) February 27, 2019
EOTP 3 Stars
3) You rang?
2) Advantage: Kotkaniemi
1) With a little extra sauce