- The Canadiens play on deadline day, and all they picked up was Jordan Weal from the Arizona Coyotes. Okay.
- Jonathan Drouin was out with an illness Saturday night. He’s in the starting lineup against New Jersey tonight.
There's something that feels right about hearing @DRTSN690 call a game on television.— Julian McKenzie (@jkamckenzie) February 26, 2019
- Took 15 seconds for the Devils to get a breakaway, and a crash into Carey Price.
- This feels like one of those starts where the Canadiens are sitting back, and their opponents are driving at them. This Devils team is FAST.
- Kenny Agostino is getting a lot of mentions on this broadcast (do you miss him?)
- That puck went right off Miles Wood’s ankle. Yikes.
- Arturri Lehkonen still can’t buy a goal. Showed off his wheels, got a breakaway. But he’s gone 24 games without a goal and hasn’t scored in 2019.
- Aaaaand the Devils score. 1-0.
- The Habs power play still isn’t working.
- Devils make it 2-0. And Victor Mete isn’t having his best night. Puck caroms off his shoulder and goes right to Gabriel. If you’re going to block it, block it.
- Not to be that guy, but entering this contest Jonathan Drouin has no points in six games.
- Devils take a bad penalty, Habs need a power play goal here.
- “I wonder if Shea Weber is fully healthy, because he’s not moving as well as he usually does,” - Mike Johnson
- Change “guy” to power play, when you watch this clip.
- “How many of those chances would you say are high danger?” - Mike Johnson? As of this post, the Habs have three.
- Brendan Gallagher to the locker room, and the Canadiens can ill afford to play without him.
- Armia and Hischier take offsetting minors. Speaking of Offset, if you’re bored.
- Jordie Benn gets hurt after Shea Weber’s stick hits him in the midsection.
- 40 minutes in the books, the Habs could use a better 3rd. It’s not like the Devils have been all that great, either.
- You know your power play is bad when fans groan about getting one.
- Whoa, a Palmieri-Danault knee-on-knee. Looked accidental.
- Arturri Lehkonen with a bad penalty.
- “Vintage Paul Byron!” 2-1 game, Habs have life.
- Carey Price sprawling to make a save on Kenny Agostino.
- Timeout called.
- Palmieri’s been banged up all game, could barely get off the ice after his latest entanglement with Paul Byron
- And that’ll do it. Devils win 2-1. Not the greatest of games. They’ll need to rebound against Detroit.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Going to be tough to deal with all these rookies down the stretch
2) Five players on the ice is just too confusing
1) A valid question on this night