For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- A Saturday night Habs vs Leafs matchup. Both teams actually in the playoff race. Does it get any more fun than that?
- Come on Drouin. The Leafs aren’t that scary. Hopefully you’re not “sick” for too long.
- This is Mete’s 100th NHL game. Tonight’s the night, Vic. I can feel it.
- The Leafs are looking fast. Like, “oh no” kinda fast.
- Thankfully, Price is looking laser sharp.
- Not once, but twice, Shaw whacks at the puck and opens the scoring!
- And, of course, we get a goaltender interference challenge.
- No interference! Whoop-whoop! Gotta love that rare win.
- Petry, you slick little devil! Thanks to you, TATARRR makes notches his 21st of the season!
- Then he quickly follows it up with a power-play goal. Let me type that again. A power-play goal. Jeff, you are on fire!
- Third consecutive penalty for the Leafs. We’re already getting under their skin...muhahaha (that’s my evil laugh).
- Habs have a 3-0 lead after the first period. If this isn’t a great way to start a Saturday night, I don’t know what is.
- You can’t score from the penalty box Mete.
- Why on earth would you leave Matthews open like that? On the power play at that.
- Byron and Domi pick up the pace and end up with two good chances but are denied by Andersen. A desperate deny, but a deny nonetheless.
- Lehkonen heads to the sin bin for “tripping” Andersen. Andersen must have learned those dramatics from Ben Bishop.
- So, here’s a thought. Let’s not give the Leafs any more power plays? Who’s with me?
- We’re still up by one but tread lightly, fellas. The refs are making some
great badlame calls on us tonight.
- Matthews battles in the corner with Weber and doesn’t back down. You’ve got guts I’ll give you that Auston.
- The Leafs are kicking it up a notch, time to put it into full gear boys.
- Domi’s just asking for a penalty. Thankfully, he didn’t get what he asked for.
- Nylander + weird bounce + Price out of net = tie game.
- Hey Petry, remember those sweet moves you broke out in the first period? Got any more of those up your sleeve?
- Leafs shorthanded off the post! I think everyone should give that post some love.
- Hyman puts the nail in the coffin with 1:50 left.
- Johnsson with an empty-netter. That’s gotta be unsportsmanlike, doesn’t it?
- Then Hyman...oh who cares.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) No poor Petry to start this game
2) Not a great strategy for a team built for speed
1) You’re supposed to put Nyquil in that, too