For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
The chance to take second place in the Atlantic. Not words I expected to hear about the Habs this season.
- Dear Habs, I'd appreciate if you'd go play in the offensive zone for a while.
- Thank you for listening to me!
- The Eagles may not be playing this weekend, but this eagle definitely is!!! Kotka with the beauty!!
- (And with that, I've exhausted the entirety of my football knowledge.)
- GAAAHHHH TUNA.
- The Finns were fast and furious on that shift. Geez.
- And Nemo, not to be out done by his fellow countrymen, makes a great save.
- ...The Canadiens should get a penalty just for making us listen to that stupid Baby Shark song.
- The Finns are having a very, very good game.
- This is fine...everything is fine. Great.
- That was almost a perfect penalty kill.
- Two minutes for you can't do that. That might have been a clever ploy by the Devils to make us play on the power play though...
- It wouldn't be a Habs power play if stupid stuff like that didn't happen.
- Uhg the net was wide open!!
- Maybe it's just me, but there's something slightly mesmerising about watching Jeff Petry wheel through the offensive zone.
- Geez, now Domi and Byron on that shift. That was fun! Also very frustrating, but mostly just fun!
- Hahaha Desi's smirk when he refused to go with Gabriel was fantastic.
- On the other hand...do we really want a power play??
- Kotka getting a second on the power play would have been gorgeous. So, naturally, it didn't happen.
- Petry with the assist makes me happy.
- That SAVE though!
- Oh no, Jordie.
- What a nice, aggressive penalty kill.
- AAAAAARG How did that not end up in the back of the net??
- Max Domi asking the same questions as me.
- Gally dear, you're supposed to put the puck in the net, not yourself.
- Yay a power play! ...But also, boo a power play.
- Why. Why this. I guess at least it wasn't a short-handed goal
- This definitely has the feel of a game that's going to OT...
- I don't like being right.
- Ok boys, I haven't eaten lunch yet, and you're making this difficult.
- Come on, Jeff. Finish this.
- Mete and Kotkaniemi on the ice in OT makes me happy.
- And it almost worked out for Armia.
- Devils win 3-2 in OT.
Highlight of the Game
Finns with Finnish.
EOTP Three Stars of the Game
3) It’s not fair to score when the other team only has four players
2) You know what you did.
1) He did the best he could with what he had to work with.