- The Panthers have an adorable sixth grader sing the national anthems for way too long.
- Panthers pay tribute to victims of Parkland with moving video urging for gun control in honour of first anniversary of tragedy.
- Families of victims join Shea Weber and Aleksander Barkov for ceremonial face-off.
- (I’m not crying, you’re crying)
- Niemi gets the start for the Habs, looking to sweep this series with the Panthers and bring his record to 3-0 this season versus his former team.
- Strong start, Habs win opening face-off and head into the offensive zone.
- Max Domi first in the box with a high sticking minor.
- But he hardly even gets to sit down, because Barkov was right there with his 20th of the season.
- Wow, the Panthers offence looks great right now.
- Niemi doesn't look so hot though, as he lets in a second (and later a third)
- (Camera pans to Price)
- Domi comes out looking to avenge the Panthers’ first goal.
- Frank Vitrano with the Panthers’ third ends Niemi’s night early.
- Gallagher cuts the lead to 3-2 and the Habs get a power play opportunity.
- 5-on-3 but Julien sits Danault, arguably his best face-off guy? C’mon man.
- Montreal starts on the power play, looking for a comeback.
- (Camera pans to salty looking Niemi)
- Domi ties the game with his second of the night.
- Career high goals scored for Domi, breaking his record of 18 from his rookie season.
- Panthers with several solid chances in the second, but magic, wizardry and Carey Price keep them out.
- Barkov gets his second of the night with the NASTIEST goal I’ve ever seen.
- Montreal heads into the second intermission down one yet again.
- Florida’s first line is very good, but Carey Price is not having it to start the third.
- Scratch that.
- It looks like he’s having it. 5-3 Panthers.
- (Cue coach’s challenge)
- And the call is actually reversed? 4-3 Panthers.
- The Panthers look shaken after the reversal, but only momentarily, as Barkov gets his third of the night.
- Hats! Hats! Hats!
- The Panthers close out the night with an empty net goal to seal the deal on a 6-3 win.
Highlight of the night
Just wouldn’t be right to pick something other than this:
EOTP 3 Stars
3) And they also forgot to schedule the Florida game. Very strange.
2) Always good to let the number one get a breather now and then
1) Only the most special kinds of discipline