For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Please beat Tampa. If for no other reason than because it’s Tampa.
- Jon Cooper said he doesn’t care what anyone says, Carey Price is still the man. Speaking the truth won’t make me dislike you any less, Cooper.
- Dressed head-to-toe in black, Tampa looks like villains. We have a good vs. evil matchup here tonight, folks.
- Miller breaks away from the pack and charges towards Price. Thankfully the puck goes wide and J.T is not happy. That’s ok. As long as we are, that’s all that matters.
- Kulak takes the first penalty of the night. Rumor has it Tampa are pretty good at this.
- Pshaw, that didn’t look like such a “special” team.
- Our turn to try the power play as Drouin gets tripped on our best shot at a goal so far.
- Gallagher gets into a scuffle with, well, pretty much every Lightning player behind the net.
- A scoreless first period. I’ll take it.
- Price has the right idea as he throws his body on the puck when it starts to inch it’s way out of the blue paint. Give them nothing Price. Give. Them. Nothing.
- Tatar was wide open and tried a backhander but Vasilevskiy was ready.
- The Habs are keeping Tampa on their toes by doing their version of the shell game with constant line changes.
- A crowd gathers in front of Price after he stops the puck once again. Domi gets extra protective over his goalie and is sent to the bin for roughing along with his pal Gourde.
- Gallagher rolls off McDonagh in the corner, gets the puck to Kulak and he lights the lamp!
- Annnd Cooper is challenging for Kotkaniemi being offside. Back to zero we go.
- Damn you and your Hubba Bubba, Cooper.
- Four quick chances in the last 20 seconds for the Habs but the clock runs out.
- Would I like to see the Habs give the Lightning a total ass-kicking? Always.
- Will I be happy with a 1-0 victory? Hell yes.
- Remember when we killed that penalty in the first period? Let’s do that again.
- Or not. Kucherov slips the puck under Price’s arm with a one-timer.
- Price goes well outside his house to make a beautiful glove save.
- There’s no time to appreciate it though as Gourde skates in all by himself during a poor line change followed by a turnover to make it 2-0.
- Deslauriers gets called for boarding Erne (bad) then Thompson comes over and starts yelling at Erne to get up and stop trying to sell it (pretty good).
- I don’t remember the last time I’ve seen so many group hugs during a game.
- Johnson makes it 3-0. Julien tries his luck with a coaches challenge for goaltender interference.
- Goal is called back! (between you and me, I’ve seen a lot worse not called interference, but I’ll take it)
- Johnson tries again and this time it sticks.
EOTP 3 Stars
That is all.