For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
I don’t know what’s worse; a super long Canadiens losing streak, or the glimmer of hope that a win provides in ending said streak, only to be unceremoniously extinguished by another loss. Alright, it’s the losing streak
They better start winning, otherwise I will have to record my new hit single, which goes a little like this...
LA-LA-LA-LA-LAA... LA-LA-LA-LA-LAA... LA-LA-LA-LA-LAA-LA-LAAAAFRENIÈREEEEEEE
Please don’t lose. I have a terrible singing voice. You do not want to hear this.
- Less than three minutes in and the refs are nitpicking about like five extra seconds on the clock.
- Or five less seconds, I don’t know and I don’t give a shit.
- I don’t like the refs this year, and I can already tell I’m not going to like this particular crew either.
- So the first two shifts were pretty dope for the Habs. The following seven minutes has basically been owned by the Rangers.
- Brendan Gallagher doesn’t do what Brendan Gallagher does for Brendan Gallagher. Brendan Gallagher does what Brendan Gallagher does because Brendan Gallagher IS... Brendan Gallagher. 1-0 Habs.
- Gally is going to get paid at the end of this absurd value contract he’s on. It’s going to suck, but honestly we owe that man.
- RDS shows 9-4 shots for the Habs with two minutes to play. I call bullshit, but I am also not counting them
- Man, Max Domi and Brendan Lemieux were just jousting. I wonder if they were arguing about who’s dad could beat the shit out of the other’s.
- I don’t really want to see that fight but god damn I also really do. Maybe. Still 40 to go.
- Well Domi didn’t fight Lemieux but he did almost score an early goal to start the frame.
- Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
- Otto Leskinen just made a great defensive play. He might be a goodie, that one.
- Check that. Leskinen giveth, then Leskinen giveth the puck to the Rangers for a breakaway... 1-1 and now my dog is upset. He fucking loathes New York and everyone who plays for them.
- The Rangers goal song is perhaps the most annoying thing I’ve ever heard. I hate it.
- You know who is a Rangers fan, and probably enjoys that bullshit? Sean Avery, who is also a dick.
- The refs missed a penalty call against the Habs, and then called one against the Rangers very shortly afterwards. I still don’t like them, but I will accept their offering.
- And the defending team has the best scoring chance of the power play... Even when the refs give us a break, we can’t use it properly. Calvaire.
- Aaaaaaaand Ben Chiarot quickly gives the Rangers their chance on the power play.
- EHHH FÉLICITATIONS, CIBOIRE... They don’t know how to use their properly either.
- Weeeeelllll there’s some bullshit. Chiarot back to the box because someone stepped over his stick. That’s why I don’t like you, refs.
- Carey Price just made a RIDICULOUS save. He doesn’t want me to drop my single and I thank him for it.
- 1-1 after 40. 22-22 are the shots. It’s anyone’s guess at this point. I’ll bet good money the refs lean into the frame like the dicks they are.
- Tomas Tatar had an excellent scoring chance there. Had enough space to park an 18-wheeler and he elected to try to one-time a fluttering puck.
- It predictably went wide of the net.
- You know what would be nice? A random bullshit goal off a stanchion or something for the Habs
- I don’t even care how they win anymore. Let it bounce in off six stanchions and a beer bottle someone threw from the upper bowl.
- Carey Price brought his A game tonight. Please don’t waste that.
- One thing about Domi not getting a lot of points... His contract will be a little cheaper.
- That last GIF is brought to you by Marc Bergevin, probably.
- SUPERSTAR NATE THOMPSON TAKES THE LEAD WITH ONE MINUTE TO PLAY!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
- Please hold on to this.
- NO HIT SINGLE FROM DRIZZY TOMORROW. HABS WIN. CANCEL THE LOTTERY.
- Carey Price is great.
EOTP Three Stars
3) What a way to start it!
2) What a way to end it!
1) Thank you, lasses