For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Florida is a godless place. There may be many Canadians living down in that obscenely humid swamp, playing golf while fucking dinosaurs walk around within spitting distance of them, but it is no place for Canadiens.
It is imperative that the Habs get two points so they can escape that hellish place with at least half of the points they should have gotten. Now that I’ve insulted an entire state though, I fear I may have invited some bad karma.
Sorry, Florida. I am a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, if that helps.
- An offisde whistle eight whole seconds into the game. Usually a really fast whistle suggests to me that we will have a sloppy game. Excited to see that play out.
- Well, Josh Brown just shoved Phillip Danault on to his own goaltender’s head... Injuring your tendy is one way to play defense...
- Sergei Bobrovsky is okay though, only thing hurt are the chances of him inviting Brown to his NYE party.
- I don’t know how that went in, but I do know Carey Price was looking towards the half wall while it did... 1-0 Panthers
- I’m operating under the assumption that Price wanted to allow the first goal instead of getting a lead to blow like last night.
- See that doesn’t ecxplain letting in a second one quickly, though. 2-0 for the Florida Panthers and I would like to apologize for any subsequent swear words.
- You know what... It’s been a while...
- Fuckin right. We’re going to do this Sunnyvale style.
Nate Thompson is off to the box for
literally just touching a guyholding
- Noted Mustard Tiger Keith Yandle then gets away with an actual hook on Ryan Poehling.
- We don’t call people without wings Angels, we call them Tomas Tatar. Power play goal and it’s only 2-1.
- Nick Suzuki is DECENT, by the way
- Too much man against the Panthers and the Habs can tie this damn thing.
- Or, Brendan Gallagher can take a high sticking minor and kill that.
- FOUR ON FOUR WORKS!!! Jeff Petry and we’re tied at two!
- WAIT, WHAT?!?!? Max Domi makes it 3-2 in short order?
- Aleksander Barkov immediately ruins that... Fuckin Samsquantch. 3-3
- This game has very little defense. Power play for Montreal.
- No power play for Montreal. Danault to the box.
- Living dangerously. Safety, always off.
- There is not a lot of defense in this game. Safeties off all around here.
- And Florida scores from below the goal line... 4-3.
- And Jonathan Huberdeau makes it 5-3...
- The liquor is calling the shots now.
- 6-3. Somehow Claude Julien has decided to just let Price have a Patrick Roy moment tonight...
- Well it’s only 6-4 now thanks to Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
- Well noe it’s 6-5... Shea Weber... I want to get excited but there’s under two minutes to play and I don’t like the odds here.
- Of course, I was right.
- That’s really all I have. I’ll leave you with one final thought.
EOTP 3 Stars of the night
3) Now he just needs to work on his goaltending.
2) I believe the word is “agitating”
1) I think we’d all welcome some time off for the number one