For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- I’m not a fan of Tampa. Like, at all. At all.
- If you are, you will not like this TSM. At all.
- So, we’re swapping one Finn for another tonight, hey? One day we’ll get all our Finn’s together again.
- Kotkaniemi opens the scoring two minutes in! Welcome back, kid.
- These black jerseys make the Lightning look like villains. Fitting.
- We’re past the halfway mark and shots are 17-0 Habs. This must be my late Christmas present.
- Domi off the crossbar. Vasilevskiy hasn’t come out of his turkey coma yet.
- The horn was blown mid-play. Head-scratcher.
- Turns out Domi’s crossbar was a goal! Oh, this is good stuff.
- The crowd is cheering Tampa’s first shot on goal at 7:35. Or maybe they’re cheering that Price stopped it. Guess we’ll never know.
- Tampa gets on the board with 58.9 seconds left. One of these days the Habs will remember there are 20 minutes to a period.
- Domi slows down after the horn blows yet Sergachev feels it’s necessary to crosscheck him into Vasilevskiy. Bring on the penalties in the next period.
- Stamkos ties the game on his own rebound 1:34.
- And the Lightning take the lead after Price stops the puck then loses it.
- Well, this is less fun.
- Weal off the crossbar. Can we have another crossbar changed to a goal please?
- Seriously, Habs? One late goal spooked you into allowing four straight goals? Where’s the confidence you started with?
- There it is! Chiarot takes Julien’s freak out to heart and starts to close the gap.
- What’s with Tampa scoring a minute into the period?
- Also, what’s with Price’s lack of rebound control tonight? This is a horrible combination.
- Domi’s trying to get something going. It’s not working, but he’s trying.
- This really started backfiring when you gave the Lightning shooting chances. Let’s get back to the original plan.
- First Habs power play of the night after Joseph heads to the box for boarding Fleury. Fingers crossed.
- We’re way past crossed fingers at this point.
- A power-play goal! We got a goal with 1:28 left. Dare we dream...
- Turns out my present was part of the White Elephant gift exchange. The Habs stole my present in exchange for a lump of sucky, sad coal.
EOTP 3 Stars of the night
3) Galley probably shouldn’t be allowed to talk about hockey on television.
2) If the game ended after the first 10, that would have been a lot cooler.
1) Well, we can dream that this happens...