For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- A win could mean we are officially on a winning streak and the horror of November is behind us. That would be nice.
- So, this Chiarot guy...I’m glad he’s here.
- Looks like any nerves Primeau had in his first game is gone. Who am I kidding. His nerves were gone after his first period.
- All bodies in front of Primeau to help keep the puck out. Here’s a thought, let Primeau handle your net and you focus on the Sens net. I mean, shots are 8-1.
- Thompson draws a tripping penalty and off to our pretty good power play we go.
- Cousins with the tip-in from Domi’s pass! That officially bumps the power play up to not-too-shabby.
- Nice move by Weal. Can we move him to defence?
- Don’t overthink it, Tatar. Pass or shoot. Flip a coin if you have to.
- Is it just me, or is Tkachuk the most annoying Sen?
- Nope. It’s not just me. Weber agrees with me. Tkachuck knocks him into the post then into Primeau and a scuffle ensues behind the net.
- And we come out on top of the scuffle with the power play.
- But not for long as Armia joins his captain in the box for slashing.
- Ok, four-on-four might work to our advantage. I see where you’re going with this, Joel.
- Gallagher attempts a wraparound which leads to another penalty for the Sens and we head to four-on-three.
- Ah, I get it. Keep drawing penalties until there are no Senators left on the ice.
- A Power play, four-on-four, four-on-three and nothing to show for it.
- On the plus side, Primeau gets his first taste of “Primeau” chants from the crowd at the Bell Centre!
- So, the middle period was filled with penalties. Let’s mix it up a bit and fill this period with goals. Caveat: Habs goals only.
- See what happens when you shoot, Tatar!
- See what happens when you don’t follow the plan, Gallagher? The Sens take advantage of their power play.
- *seconds later *...that’s ok, Gally. I forgive you. You’ll make up for that little mishap. You usually do.
- You won’t be happy until you lose this lead will you Habs?
- Are you happy now?
- Uh, Gally, it’s going to be a little harder to forgive that one. There’s only two minutes left.
- Chiarot with the winner!
- I knew I liked that guy.
- And Gally, you’re forgiven. I can’t stay mad at you.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Or is it?
2) Doing all kinds of good things
1) A great effort for a first NHL win!