For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Let’s make this a team effort tonight, shall we guys?
- What was your thought process there, Byron? Don’t be afraid to shoot the puck, it’s all part of the game.
- What a defensive play by Mete. Forget trying to score, keep doing more of that!
- We’re on the power play instead of the penalty kill. This is already a better start than the Flyers game.
- Weber gets his own slapper rebound and notches his 100th career power-play goal to open the scoring! Did I mention the puck didn’t even have time to land back on the ice?
- Fifteen seconds later, Thompson distracts the Kings with his mustache and makes it 2-0!
- Cousins heads to the box for slashing. Yes, we’re winning but try not to get too excited there, Nick.
- Make that 101 power-play goals for the captain!
- Price’s save on Doughty’s slapshot was so good, Doughty couldn’t help but laugh.
- Petry heads to the box and Kopitar takes full advantage to get the Kings on the board.
- After getting hit by Weber’s slapshot in the first period, Matt Roy gets nailed by one of Petry’s. One more hit and you’re out, Matt.
- It’s power-play time. Weber’s on the bench? Good play. Make the Kings think they have a chance then bring in the captain to crush their hopes.
- That was a little too close for comfort Price. Maybe don’t get overly adventurous and stay a little closer to home.
- Time for a four-minute power play!
- Three shots on a four-minute power play? I mean, it’s not like we needed another power-play goal, but it would have been nice.
- What a move by Lehkonen! Too bad it didn’t result in a goal.
- Mete is getting really good at this defence thing.
- Another power play. A three-goal lead would be better than a two-goal lead. Just sayin’.
- Carey! Carey! chants just never gets old.
- Ick. A bouncing puck makes it a one-goal game.
- But, hey. We won, so no biggie.
EOTP 3 stars
3) Unfortunately for them, it didn’t work
2) It is quite a potent release
1) And so they did