For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Hey... Gritty is the dumbest mascot in the NHL. He literally looks like if Youppi smoked copious amounts of crack, and spent six weeks living in decrepit railway cars whilst travelling around the northeast, before the denizens of Wells Fargo centre pulled him off a Philadelphia street corner and gave him a Flyers jersey.
He’s a vastly inferior Youppi. AND his name is, what, a throwback to the old Broad Street Bullies? Ah, the 70’s Flyers and their grit: the second best team of that decade. Vastly inferior to a certain dynasty that didn’t give a shit about Philly’s SuPeR tOuGhNeSs.
- Carter Hart is making some saves in the early goings here. Where is this Carter Fart character I’ve heard of that allegedly doesn’t make many saves?
- This is boring, maybe some of those super tough and gritty Flyers players can spice things up by fighting.
- Preferably fighting each other on the bench, that would be fantastic.
- Carey Price just made a RIDICULOUS glove save. Feast on that, haters.
- Tyler Myers, noted tall man, scores a lucky point goal through 75 people for an undeserved lead.
- That’s actually Philippe Myers though, who I have literally never heard of until right now so I’ll keep calling him Tyler.
- May have been an undeserved lead at the time, but apparently because the Habs are not interested in having the puck anymore.
- Maybe that’s the strategy... Outshooting the opposition wasn’t working, so just let them have the puck and shoot way more than you.
- Tomas Tatar just really wanted to have a Claude Giroux stick to put on his bedroom wall, why is the ref penalizing him for this?
- Well that was quick... Must consecutive wins be so hard to come by lately?
- Tatar back to the box... He must be paying rent there by now.
- Aaaaand Artturi Lehkonen joins him in his new condo. This is not how you do a comeback at all.
- This Philly trap is making for quite the boring game. Let me share some interesting facts with you instead of commentary.
- Kangaroos can’t hop backwards.
- A cow-bison hybrid is called a ‘Beefalo’ and I assume it’s beyond delicious.
- Wolves are largely monogamous, as Alpha males and females usually stay together until death.
- Wolves can eat up to 20 pounds of meat in one sitting.
- Wolves can sprint at speeds of up to and sometimes more than 62 kilometres per hour. That’s about 38MPH for my yankee friends.
- Wolves are fucking awesome.
- All of a sudden Ben Chiarot is a scoring threat? 2-1, comeback is on, pause on the wolf facts for now!
- Like the Flyers probably didn’t deserve to take the lead when they did, the Habs definitely don’t deserve to be in this game being outshot 33-16, but wolves are definitely still awesome!
- Lehkonen back into Tatar’s condo again... I assume they’re co-owners at this point of the game.
- If a wolf saw Gritty in the wild, it would almost certainly murder and eat him.
- That’s not a fact, but it seems painfully logical.
- SHEA WEBER TIES IT UP. WE’VE GOT A GAME ON OUR HANDS!!!
- Hooooooooooooly, man... Habs back in the box, this time for too much man.
- Carey Price is absolutely stealing this game. Nearing 40 shots faced and there’s over 10 minutes to play. He is good, and wolves are cool. Double fact.
- And now another bench minor to the Habs for... Existing? The Flyers better not complain about a lack of opportunity in this game. The refs have provided them plenty.
- LOL Tatar is serving the penalty too. I hope he has at least decorated a bit to his taste.
- Zero for six on the power play, but let’s give them a penalty shot just to see how that works out, eh Habs?
- Whoever the hell Carsen Twarynski is had zero chance against Thursday night Pricey. That is a whole different man than Tuesday night Pricey.
- Carsen... Can’t even spell Carson right...
- Funny how the refs manage to call SIX penalties and a penalty shot on the Habs, but Jonathan Drouin gets whacked in the face and they all of a sudden can’t see stick infractions. That’s neat!
- Another fact for ya: were you to commit a stick infraction against a wolf, you are 100% more likely to die than the Flyers are to get called for anything in this game.
- Off to three-on-three. Let’s see your trap in this situation, Philly...
- Well shit... Carey deserved better than that.
- A loss is a loss, but Price absolutely robbed a point tonight. Also I really like wolves.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Quite accurate
2) Chiarot’s afire!
1) Thank you for the point, ladies