For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
You guys, I forget how to be funny. So here's to hoping I remember before the end of the game, or this is gonna be a really boring TSM!
Mike Johnson makes everything better.
- Putting Chiarot and Weber against one of the best lines in the league seems iffy if you ask me. On the other hand, no one did, and I like being proved wrong.
- On the other hand, Philip Danault one-handedly shoving Patrice Bergeron out of the way as he moved into the offensive zone is nice.
- ENTER MEAT MAN. Way to get your second goal on home ice against oh, the biggest rival in the league. NO biggy.
- I really like this trend the Habs have going of scoring super early.
- THAT WAS NOT A PENALTY HOW???
- I learn something new from Mike Johnson pretty much every time he does color.
- Speaking of Gally and Chara, one of my favourite gifs is Gally somehow knocking Chara over.
- When Price is in the net, even his pipes step up.
- That was a very nice offensive zone shift from the kids.
- The Bell Centre cheering for Chara is disconcerting. Cool, but disconcerting...
- Aww man, Tuna.
- You guys, I don't even know who the Bruins’ coach is. That's how out of the loop I am on anyone but Montreal this year.
- Apparently interference is no longer a penalty.
- But that is a penalty. Oh joy.
- Buckle up kids, this could be a fun one.
- OH lord. See, now that's why you don't do that.
- Good response from the children though.
- AWWW MAN, TUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. But the good kind this time!!!
- Goals against Boston are the best.
- PAUL, LORD BYRON. GET A BIG ONE AGAINST THE BRUINS FOR YOUR FIRST OF THE YEAR. YAAAAAASSSSSSS. oH THOSE WHEELS. (Who honestly could count as one of the kids without his beard.)
- I may have forgotten how to be funny, but the Habs sure haven't forgotten how to be fun.
- That was a fun period.
- Nice first shift.
- Nice penalty drawn.
- Less good first power play shift.
- Shea Weber on the rush? What is this strange world we live in??
- Petry and Poehling down on ONE SHIFT?????????????
- Oh lord. This is great. And Poehling just got over a concussion too.
- Please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok
- Gallagher and Danault almost had one there.
- And then Fleury goes into the boards and then Boston scores. I DON'T LIKE THIS.
- That was not good. None of that was good.
- Well, Poehling appears to be back.
- Daaaaaang Danault!
- OH GLORY BE. PETRY IS BACK TOO.
- Oh that's Bruce Cassidy? I did know him after all.
- Good look by Drouin who hasn't been particularly noticeable one way or another.
- Apparently that's not a penalty either???
- Suzuki on defense there was, as KK would say, pretty mint. Probably.
- Krejci, you may not want to start something with Max Domi, just saying...
- Lol, the size miss-match of Gallagher chasing down Chara is pretty great.
- ........Habs what even was that. Why. Why this. Why you do this.
- Victor Mete thinks your ties are rubbish.
- Boston thinks your scores are rubbish.
- But the league thinks that your Chara was the reason there was a player on your goalie. So GOOD GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL.
- He's got two. It's glorious.
- HAT TRICK HAT TRICK HAT TRICK GET THE MAN A HAT TRICK.
- From terrifying to restored lead, that was a roller coaster, folks!!
- Oh good.
- Price's posts coming up big again.
- Get it out, get it ouuuuuut.
- Ok. come on Victor, it's time to get that hatty. On the other hand, I'd take one from anyone in red.
- Dear Habs, please stop. What even was any of that.
- Please be right. HE WAS RIGHT.
- OH GOD NOT GALLAGHER'S HAND. WHY IS IT ALWAYS GALLAGHER'S HAND.
- Dude, Boston, they haven't been calling interference all night. Get over it. It's not a thing any more, apparently.
- CHIAROT SCORED.
- GALLAGHER'S BACK.
- EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING.
- The hockey gods are merciful.
- Now just don't blow it for the next nine minutes...
- That wasn't a trip on Gallagher. Nope.
- Whatever happens tonight, they got five past Rask.
- Domi DANCING around Patrice Bergeron and Zdeno Chara was a thing of beauty.
- Yes, good. Keep the puck in Boston's end.
- Lekh and Poehling getting snarky!
- That was an incredible shift from a couple of rookies.
- Come on guys...close it down...
- What a shift from JoDru.
- Oh great. You had to ice that puck.
- Come on Habs. Ice it away.
- No stick, no problem.
- THEY WIN 5-4. IN REGULATION. AMAZING.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Good time to net your first
2) Tripling a career goal total is really something
1) I don’t think that one will be forgotten anytime soon