For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Everyone is trying Swedes to beak the losing streak, Claude Julien brings in Gustav Olofsson and Eyes On The Prize brings in me. Whereas I was the first Swede on the roster for Eyes On The Prize, Victor Olofsson is Swede number 15 for Montreal; can you name the others?
- We are off, and Armia scores eight seconds in! Must have been a Yuoppi birthday gift from the Flyers.
- Another chance, Lehkonen this time, we are a minute into the game!
- Danault slides into the goalie, and goes into the dressingroom to be checked out. No more injuries please!
- HE IS BACK! (Thank you, sir)
- Save! Big save from Kinkaid.
- Olofsson looks solid wearing David Desharnais old number.
- Good defensive work from Lehkonen gives Suzuki a chance, but no goal.
- Another good start, like 48 seconds at least, Armia again.
- Bad guys hit the post, but really, it wasn’t even close.
- Chiarot falls over Kinkaid in a comedy of errors, but no goal allowed.
- The long change killed the defence and we have a tied game.
- Tatar!!! He burries a rebound from within the crease.
- ... and tied game... 2-2.
- Three goals in 1:13 I can’t type that fast.
- Max Domi with a late penalty, not the smartest thing he has done on the ice today.
- Charles Hudon with a breakaway, still tied.
- The defence is shake at best, missing defensive reads every other shift.
- Power play is good, with movement and speed, but no goals.
- Victor Mete is out... injured. (Who will be the next call up?)
- If Montreal started the other two periods best, Philly gets this one, 3-2 after about a minute.
- Lehkonen draws a penalty.
- Power play goal!!! Suzuki to Tatar and we have a tie!
- How close was that! Washout from the ref, I never loved refs more than now.
- Some pressure from the home team now...
- ... but Tatar goes to the sin bin for something something.
- Penalty killed.
- Moomin line almost had it.
- Armia has been a monster today.
- And it’s a loss.... seven in a row.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) They’ve all been working really hard the last few games
2) Pretty good as far as transactions go
1) We’re all suckers for punishment