For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- This has to stop at some point. Right?
- Cousins inadvertently takes Blackwood out. That’s what happens when you leave your post, Mac.
- Price then leaves his post to give the puck away. How about the goalies just not go on adventures tonight?
- Reilly heads to the box for tripping. You have more faith in the penalty kill than I do, Reilly.
- And the Devils strike first.
- Gallagher ties it up 20 seconds later! I’m taking this as a good sign and you can’t stop me.
- Or not. Zajac makes it 2-1 with an almost identical goal as the first.
- The Devils are capitalizing on every mistake. So, new plan...stop making so many.
- Let me check the hockey handbook. Yep, a trip on a player during a breakaway should be a penalty shot. Oh well, Weal. Maybe next time.
- Alright! You got ‘em that time, Weal. Not a penalty shot but at least a power play.
- That’s ok. We don’t need a power-play goal. A regular goal will do just fine too.
- Kotkaniemi thinks so! We’re all tied up again!
- Weber wasn’t letting that one through. Yay, defence.
- Boo defence.
- Ouch...Chiarot takes a puck to the jaw. I mean...at least the puck was stopped.
- The Finn’s are on fire as Armia ties it at three!
- Let’s try something a little different this time...try taking the lead, just to see what it feels like.
- No, I said we take the lead not the Devils. Again.
- A real Carey Price save! That can almost make you forget everything that happened so far. Almost.
- If that save wasn’t enough to start building a win, nothing is.
- Three saves in a flurry of shots and none gets past Price. Now, for those two goals...
- A Gally-Subban tussle and Subban is on the receiving end of the Gally grin.
- Kotaniemi with a pretty drop pass to Chiarot who shoots and gets Armia in the face with the puck. Didn’t want to be the only one, hey Ben?
- We’re down by two now and even Price is feeling break-the-hockey-stick frustration.
- That makes us feel a little better! Lehky makes it 5-4 just seconds later.
- Hey, Price...got two more sticks you can spare?
- Empty-netter dagger and the losing streak continues.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) It’s the recipe for success
2) The Finns can only do so much
1) Well it’s time for that to change.