For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Three losses in a row is more than enough.
- It’s Hockey Fights Cancer night. Hopefully this is the only thing that brings tears to my eyes tonight.
- The Rangers come out fighting and Tatar takes a big hit from Kreider mid ice. Damn you, Kreider.
- But it’s Domi who opens the scoring two minutes in!
- Lehkonen and Suzuki pick up the apples. That makes five points in the last six games for Sweet Suzuki.
- You know what’s fun? Watching the Rangers getting chewed out by Quinn.
- Tatar hasn’t returned to the bench yet. Damn you, Kreider.
- A Lehky snipe! Didn’t see that one coming did ya, Georgiev?
- Tatar is back. Whew! Still...damn you, Kreider.
- Domi with his second of the night!
- That makes three goals and Price looks like he’s on his game tonight. Just need to hang in there for another 40 minutes.
- Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- What a read by Price to stop two wristers by Jesper Fast.
- The Captain gets in on the scoring to make it 4-0!
- Trouba gets called for hi-sticking Gallagher and we head to the power play.
- You know what would really piss off Quinn? A power play goal.
- Ah, crap. Rangers are finally on the board.
- A gross goal just 54 seconds later cuts the lead in half.
- Chiarot’s puck off the post was so loud it sounded like the post was mic’d up.
- Two-on-one shorthanded and the Habs can’t get a shot off.
- We’re now 4-3 and only halfway through. This game is quickly losing it’s fun factor.
- You weren’t already handing them the period, you decided to make it easier by giving them a five-on-three?
- I have no idea what that was but let’s at least hold on to that one goal. Pretty please?
- A Lehky goal!! We have another Lehky goal and a two-goal cushion!
- Nevermind. Thirty-one seconds later and we’re still only up by one. Again, just need to hang on to that one goal.
- How sweet would a Lehkonen hat trick be?
- A short-handed goal by Lemieux and we lost that one precious goal.
- Gally with an ‘oh so close’ Gally-goal.
- And it happened...the Rangers take the lead.
- Remember when we were up 4-0?
EOTP 3 Stars
3) And now you know
2) It didn’t have to be an exclusive proposition, however
1) Well other than the Habs playing zero defence, this was pretty spot on