For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Oleksiak drops Domi on his way to the net. Hockey Rule #1, Domi: head up.
- Habs head to the first power play of the night. Thanks, Radulov. You do still care about us!
- Armia, no! How are you suppose to score on the power play from the box?
- Four-on-four it is then.
- Dallas, you’re being a true pain in the butt during our second power play. Stop it.
- Radulov opens the scoring off the faceoff of the power play. So, you don’t care about us that much, then?
- You’re toying with our feelings now Alexander, giving us another chance on the power play.
- Lehkonen tries a one-handed sweep to tie it up in the dying minutes. That would have been pretty. Would have.
- Tatar in all alone and...offside call.
- Domi doesn’t quit and Drouin backs him up but Bishop jumps on the puck.
- Mete is looking pretty great doing his defence thing.
- Until he bumps into Price. But, no harm no foul.
- Gallagher off the post! We’re getting closer.
- Alright! Another power play. Fourth time’s a charm, right?
- Price is giving you a fighting chance, guys. So... fight.
- Thanks to a slash by Suzuki on a breakaway, Gurianov goes head-to-head with Price on a penalty shot and makes it 2-0.
- Time for a little third-period comeback action!
- What is happening to our power play?
- Cale Fleury is pretty good at this whole checking thing.
- Sooo, about that comeback...
- Gurianov makes it 3-0 on the power play with less than 10 minutes left.
- Empty-netter and, well, you know the score.
- Gally gets pushed into the butt of a stick and loses a tooth. ‘Cause, why not?
- Lehkonen ruins Bishop’s shutout!! I’ll take it!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Two real “bangers” as Garry Galley would say
2) Montreal pretty well destroyed the whole back-to-back narrative this week
1) If only the Habs had had a portion of that energy tonight