For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- So, that big win over the Capitals last night was fun! How about we continue that fun tonight?
- Welcome back, Hudon. You realize though, that if you’re filling in for Drouin tonight you need a point or two. Those are the rules.
- A little spin-o-rama by Gallager to get the puck past Hall. It didn’t go anywhere, but Gally looked snazzy.
- Armia, you’re pretty good so just a reminder, when in the slot shoot the puck.
- Looks like Gallagher and Subban are showing their real feelings for each other here tonight.
- Wood crashes hard into Kinkaid thanks to a shove by Chiarot. Do not. Touch. Our. Goalies.
- Gally-goal!! Sneaky little tip off Petry’s shot and the puck goes up and over Blackwood’s shoulder.
- Nineteen seconds left and the Devils tie it up.
- Fellas, 20 shots to nine is not cool. Here’s a thought, and I’m just spit-balling here, maybe help your goalie out a bit this period.
- That’s two bumps on Kinkaid. That means free rein on Blackwood now. Those are the rules.
- Way to scratch that first NHL goal off the to-do list in style, Fleury!
- And he follows it up with saving a goal by diving in front of the puck then kicking it away. Extra Wheaties in your bowl this morning, Fleury?
- Subban takes the first penalty of the game and off to the power play we go.
- And now five-on-three. This has to be a given. Right?
- Yep! Way to take advantage Suzuki!
- After a big save by Kinkaid on Hischer, he gives it a second try and scores a shorty with 1.1 seconds left. You read that right.
- We have to win this. If, for no other reason than to see The Thompson Shimmy.
- We’re going straight into a four-minute power kill. Game’s not close enough for you Weal?
- The Devil’s couldn’t handle the pressure. Too many men knocks two minutes off their power play and we’re on four-on-four. I’ll take it.
- What a drive by Gallagher to almost make it a two-goal lead again.
- Do the refs have some kind of penalty quota to kill? That’s eight calls less than 13 minutes.
- Hall misses a wide-open net (yay!)
- Simmonds ties it up with a power-play goal. There would be no other kind this period.
- Danault gets in it with 47 seconds left. But it gets reviewed. Naturally.
- They’re calling it a kick in. From his thigh. After he was tripped.
- Danault immediately gets called for a penalty. I know. Shocking.
- Devils put and end to this tortuous game.
- Despite their best efforts, the refs weren’t able to make this game last all night.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) That was some quality prognosticating
2) This was not the first time he showed some emotion
) At least we got a Fleury goal