For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- I don't know what it is about Torts and John Cooper, but they have such irritatingly smug faces at all times.
- Petry being lumped in (deservedly) as a "big gun” makes me so happy.
- Domi's already played 100 games with the Habs? Wow. It doesn't feel that long.
- Nice little move by Shea Weber for the chance
- Good penalty kill from the Habs. Especially noticeable were Chiarot and Price.
- Gorgeous chance from Kulak after the PK expired. Liked the plays from Suzuki too.
- HOW WAS THAT A PENALTY??? HOW????
- To this day I wish that the Habs had drafted Oliver Bjorkstrand. #PleaseLetMeHaveADaneAgain
- That was a terrific PK.
- I am seriously impressed that Armia got such a nice shot away. Or maybe after that Athletic article a while back, I'm not THAT surprised.
- Danault has had some really nice looks and plays this evening. Gallagher too. Not that either of these things is surprising. That Gally tip in front of the net was a thing of beauty.
- HOW WAS THAT NOT A PENALTY ON CBJ.
- le sigh
- Why is it that so many rookies get their first goals against the Habs.
- What do the Habs have to do to buy a power play?????
- Mete with the WHEELS. Dayum.
- Please go play more in the other end.
- Please stop falling over each other...
- Oooh, that was some nice passing that led to a Suzuki rush. More of that please.
- OH MY MAX.
- I love Gallagher a lot, that is all. Not loving this power play though.
- Good to know that roughing a guy over really far from the play for a while is fine.
- Seriously, please stop running into each other.
- I repeat, please go play in the other end.
- Oh what a nice move from Domi. Geez.
- That was a nice shift from Suzuki, Lehk, and Tatar.
- Really nice shot from Fleury there. That was a LONG offensive zone shift. That was great.
- Some really great play from the Habs. Thompson looked really nice there after the goalie went on an adventure.
- Love all the chaos the Habs caused.
- WHAT WAS THAT WHISTLE. That was not a delayed power play. This is not how it works. What even is this nonsense. On the other hand, ow. That did not look like fun at all.
- OH Tuna. Way to draw a power play.
- Wait...did they just say the Habs have the 4th ranked power play??? That can't possibly be right. Ah. That's cause it's not.
- Pretty sure you could hear crickets in the Bell Centre right now.
- This line is looking so good. They should get a goal.
- They got a goal, but it was a high stick. Bah. It's ok. Do it again. The goal part. Not the high-stick part.
- Oh Lehk. That was so close.
- Come on guys.
- GOD BLESS THE GALLY GOALS. Gally goals are the best goals. It is known.
- When the going gets tough, the tough get going, as they say.
- STAY THE F AWAY FROM PRICE. <— said all five Habs on the ice. (And also me, but they were a lot more effective about getting the message across.)
- So that wasn't boarding why?
- GOD. BLESS. CAREY PRICE.
- Dear Universe, please let Lehk score more goals.
- When I said I wanted more Danes, that was not what I meant. Thank you Mete.
- Carey looking cool as a cucumber with all these saves. Fortunately.
- Remember when the Habs got Jeff Petry for Peanuts? I have never been so grateful for peanuts in my life. (Also, yes, I will bring it up every time it is relevant.)
- GODDAMN IT HABS. That was a gross shot from Werenski, unfortunately.
- OH MY GOD REALLY??
- What a pass from Suzuki too though.
- For a guy who just scored a massive game tying goal, Tatar looks awfully concerned.
- Seriously though, what a way to score your first in a while.
- Well, at least they get a point.
- Let's make it two.
- Mete might have taken a penalty, but what a way to keep the game going. NO idea how he got back that fast.
- Gotta love how aggressive the Habs’ PK is being.
- Boy they're gassed.
- Price got over so fast.
- This is giving me anxiety. Not Price though, that's for sure.
- Penalty? Killed.
- Please don't go to the shoot out. I hate it so much...
- Oh Paulie.
- POST AND OUT. The Hockey Gods are kind. List of guys who have been clutch? Gallagher, Tatar, Price, and That Post.
- Oh my, JONATHAN.
- Come on Price. Do what you do best.
- CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY
- HABS WIN 3-2 IN THE SHOOT OUT!!!!! (Still hate them, though. The shoot out, not the Habs, obviously.)
EOTP 3 Stars
3) The first time that’s ever happened
2) Worth sitting through the first 59 minutes for
1) Thank you, thank you very much