Montreal News and Notes
- Carey Price has found what he calls a “recipe” that allows him to do what he’s most driven to do — perform consistently. [Sporsnet]
- Price’s backup, Keith Kinkaid, follows a different recipe. One that makes him the king of emojis on hockey Twitter. Haven’t cracked his code yet? Here’s a cheat sheet. [TSN]
- The Canadiens D-core has played a huge role in the team’s recent success and has become one of the most productive defensive cores in the NHL so far this season. [NHL]
- Shea Weber missed Monday’s practice with a virus. [Sportsnet]
- Here’s your chance to bid on jerseys worn and signed by the Canadiens, all for a good cause.
Remembrance day❣️— CHC - Fondation (@CHCFondation) November 11, 2019
In honor of those who have served and continue to serve, bid now on camouflage jerseys wore and signed by
the @CanadiensMTL players. All proceeds will be donated to @CDNForceSupport.
Pay tribute to their courage by bidding now : https://t.co/w8aZLrBDW0 pic.twitter.com/cTepPIQeJ2
Around the League and Elsewhere
- So long, Don. You finally went too far. [National Post]
- With a 0-4-1 record, a 4.44 GAA and a .879 SV%, the Maple Leafs decided to place Michael Hutchinson on waivers on Monday. [Sporstnet]
- Sergei Zubov, who will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on November 18, will have his No. 56 retired by the Dallas Stars next season. [NHL]
- Following a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety, Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno has been suspended for three games for elbowing Colorado’s Pierre-Edouard Bellemare. [Sportsnet]
- Twenty-two years old with 400 career points!