For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Me: This opening is super cheesy.
Also me: It sure got awfully dusty in here...
- Lehkonen was ALL by himself....except for Max Domi. That was a delightful goal.
- Aaaand then they left Kerfoot all by himself.
- Defense is optional so far.
- BOOOOOO. Tie game.
- Awww, Tuna, you can't do that.
- Gally in his office almost gets one.
- Oh Nick, buddy.
- Gally and Danault almost booked it to a goal.
- Perhaps this was a clever ploy to get off the power play.
- Some end to end action there to conclude the period.
- Carey saves.
- But not that time...
- I do not like this second period nearly as much as I liked the first...
- Yikes. The hockey gods were kind on that broken stick.
- Please go play on the other end of the ice, guys.
- Domi looking good.
- Great shift from Chiarot to take the puck away.
- Speaking of people looking good, Drouin is having a very solid game. Hasn't led to anything yet, but hopefully it keeps going.
- Now they're trapped in the defensive/neutral zone.
- And now they're killing in the defensive and neutral zone. Please stop this.
- Carey Price is Carey Price.
- I should really stop saying that, because every time I do, the Leafs score. I'm so sorry, Carey, this one's on me.
- I...cannot believe that went in? Thank you Drouin! Also, Domi continues to have a pretty good game.
- GALLY GOALS ARE THE BEST GOALS.
- Every once in a while I remember the Habs got Petry from Edmonton for peanuts. It makes me so happy.
- Kulak's shot was very nearly nice.
- Definitely encouraging to see them spend time in the offensive zone again.
- Oh no, a power play.
- It's ok, Toronto, this is actually punishment to Weber on that hit. Surely you know this by now.
- Mayyyybe don't throw a stick at Jeff, Kappy.
- PENALTY SHOT????
- JEFF PETRY TIES IT ON A FRICKING PENALTY SHOT. AMAZING.
- That roar on the goal though.
- Would just like to take the opportunity to say... it was 4-1...
- BOOK IT DANAULT.
- Ok, get it back in the last minute, guys.
- Gally really trying to get it.
- Well, they got one point. Let's get another.
- Tatar dancing there.
- CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY
- wHAT EVEN IS AIR.
- You guys, hockey is back.
- Considering how everyone knows the puck is going to Weber, and has in fact gone to him like three times on that shift, he sure has a lot of space to make that shot.
- Not that it really mattered or anything.
- Considering no one moved, and the puck went to Weber every single time.
- Carey made that save look so easy.
- ARE WE SURE THAT DIDN'T GO IN???
- BAR. Tragic.
- Domi continues to have a very good game.
- Do we really have to go to the shoot out? Can we just have another 15 minutes of this?
- Would just like to repeat, I hate the shoot out a lot.
- Quite the conflicting yells and cheers on that Price save.
- Here you see a Byron in his natural habitat. All alone against an opposing goalie.
- PRICE SAVES.
- HABS WIN 6-5 IN THE SHOOT OUT.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) This is a very good Drouin
2) And this is just game #2
1) Thanks, Leo