Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- The Habs and Canes both were hoping to put l’affaire Aho in the rearview mirror. [Sportsnet]
- With Keith Kinkaid aboard, can the Habs finally afford to give Carey Price fewer than 60 starts this season? [TSN]
- The Canadiens are ahead of schedule and looking for a playoff berth this season. [Sportsnet]
- Is this a make-or-break year for Claude Julien? [RDS]
- The pessimist’s... and optimist’s guide to the 2019-20 Canadiens. [The Athletic]
- Marc Bergevin talks about the power play, his veterans, and his rookies. [TSN (Video)]
- With Ben Chiarot, Cale Fleury, and Nick Suzuki making their debuts, 908 players have now donned the bleu-blanc-et-rouge and hit the ice in a regular season game.
New season means firing @CanadiensMTL tracker back up. If Price plays full game, 3 are making #Habs debuts tonight: Chiarot, Fleury, Suzuki.— Dan Kramer (@DanKramerHabs) October 3, 2019
They are players 906-908 to play regular season game in #GoHabsGo history. 3 is least Hab debuts in opener since 2015 (Semin, Fleischmann)
Around the league and elsewhere
- Five eagerly anticipated early-season grudge matches. [Sportsnet]
- Matt Duchene talks about the transition to Nashville and fatherhood. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Is Alex Pietrangelo underrated? [The Hockey News]
- How are the Philadelphia Flyers bench staff, consisting of a head coach and two former head coaches, handling having multiple cooks in the kitchen? [The Athletic]
- “I do everything,” the story of Kladno HC owner, general manager, scout, marketer, public relations officer, and player... Jaromir Jagr. [The Athletic]
- The behind-the-scenes look at how the St. Louis Blues’ banner was made. [The Athletic]
- Revisiting Jason Allison and the NHL’s first-ever shootout. [NHL.com (Video)]
- Congratulations are in order to Erik and Melinda Karlsson!
View this post on Instagram
To my beautiful wife for doing everything in her power to bring our beautiful little baby girl in to this world, never have I met a more determined or stronger person than you. It hasn’t been easy but after the rain finally our little rainbow arrived. Love you both more than I could ever imagine.