For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- It’s here! It’s finally here! Let’s have some fun this season!
- The Tatar-Danault-Gallagher line is off and running right out of the gate.
- Gallagher takes a big hit from Svechnikov when coming out of the corner. But he bounced back up Gally-style, so all good.
- Let’s show these Bunch of Jerks that we too can be a bunch of jerks.
- Power-play time. Set the tone, boys. Set the tone.
- Aho tries to get fancy during a shorthanded attempt but Price said ‘not likely, my friend’.
- Price thanks his ol’ pal the crossbar and Dzingle takes his shot.
- The Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia could work.
- Come on, Cale. Let’s show everyone who has the better brother.
- Wallmark tucks it underneath the bar off the face-off to open the scoring with just over two minutes left.
- Just finding your footing, hey guys. We get it.
- Now, have you found your footing?
- A face-off violation?! Wow, these new refs are real sticklers. Kotkaniemi serves the penalty for Tatar. What a team player.
- Off the post again! You’re going to have to give your ol’ friend a huge hug this time, Price.
- Nope, no footing found yet. Jerks make it 2-0.
- A power-play goal! A power-play goal! I’m not the only one who saw that, right? TATAARRRR with the first goal of the season!
- And Kotkaniemi shows his patience to follow it up with the second goal of the season.
- Was that face-off violation all part of your master plan, fellas?
- What a save by Price! No crossbar help needed there.
- Armia, just wide. Oh, it’s getting fun now!
- A play started by Mete and Weal takes the lead!
- A three-goal period to go from zero to the lead. Let’s keep the party going!
- Fleury on a breakaway. Oh soooo close! Cale. Not the other Fleury.
- Time for a little four-on-four. Shall we make it goal number four while we’re at it?
- Or you could let the Canes tie it up. Your call.
- Chiarot, I’m all for your desire to protect your goalies but you can’t actually try to be the goalie.
- Is Aho mad about that offer sheet? He looks like he’s out for revenge.
- Price has faced 42 shots. A win for his efforts would be nice.
- Looks like opening night is going to last a little longer...
- I think Byron over-skated himself he was going so fast as he headed towards the net with Domi.
- Price keeps the game going!
- The Habs are circling. Mrazek has to be getting nervous now.
- The battle continues as we head to a...
- Hamilton gets it past Price.
- Byron does not get it past Mrazek.
- Haula isn’t as lucky.
- Drouin’s backhand fails him.
- Teravainen, nada.
- Suzuki, you’re up! Ah, damn.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) The Minty One is growing up
2) Don’t call them a fourth line
1) And this was just game #1