Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Claude Julien and the Habs are determined to make it into the postseason this year. [Sportsnet]
- Cale Fleury will make his NHL debut playing against his big brother Haydn and the Carolina Hurricanes. [La Presse]
- It’s as positive attitude for Carey Price to start off the 2019-20 season. [Canadiens]
- The younger and faster Canadiens believe they are ready to go the distance. [TSN]
- At the end of last year, Jesperi Kotkaniemi wasn’t looking forward to a new season as the only Hab under 21, but now he has more young teammates to keep him company. [The Athletic]
- There was a shoutout for Nick Suzuki in Elliotte Friedman’s latest column on Wednesday. [31 Thoughts]
- Mattias Norlinder showed off his offensive play once again yesterday:
Around the league and elsewhere
- Comedian Gerry Dee explained how he got involved with the PWHPA’s Dream Gap Tour and promoting women’s hockey. [Sportsnet]
- The Toronto Maple Leafs finally announced their 25th captain on Wednesday night. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- For anyone looking for a Winter Classic souvenir unique to this year’s Dallas v. Nashville matchup, look no further.
- Travelling around to watch the Habs play this season? The Athletic has you covered with suggestions of the best places to eat and drink around the league. [The Athletic]
- If they can make it through, the Ottawa Senators need just one more year at the bottom. [TSN]
- The St. Louis Blues raised the Stanley Cup banner at their home opener on Wednesday night.