For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- A Saturday night Habs vs. Leafs matchup! What more could you ask for?
- Oh yeah... a win.
- The Habs trap the Leafs in their zone for the first minute of the period. That’s it, freak ‘em out right from the start.
- Come on, Domi. Get a goal. It’ll really piss off your dad...
- Petry almost scores on Price. Let’s at least make the Leafs work for it, hey guys?
- A Gally-goal to start it off! This is a good sign.
- Petry with a solid hit on Tyson Barrie. Matthews looked like he was going to go after Petry, but then remembered what a wiener he is and decided against it.
- A Drouin breakaway, a forehand, backhand, deke and we’re up 2-0!
- A one-timer by Muzzin makes it past Price with 16 seconds left. Sixteen. Seconds.
- A turnover in the neutral zone by Lehkonen causes a sequence of unfortunate events.
- A lose puck and a scramble in front of Price and we’ve got a tie game thanks to Johnsson.
- Did anyone see where first-period Habs went?
- Gallagher rushes in to try and grab the lead. I’m willing to bet there’s going to be a Gallagher speech in the locker room during intermission.
- Price jumps on Muzzin’s tip-in attempt to at least keep it even steven.
- After a nasty check into the boards by Kerfoot, Domi drops his gloves, throws a punch, and doesn’t get a penalty. Shhh...don’t tell the refs.
- The Habs owned the first. Leafs the second. So, it must be our turn again, right?
- Joel “Power-Play King” Armia strikes just seven seconds in!
- Hey Leafs, have you learned nothing by letting Drouin get on the breakaway? No? Good! More goals in our pocket.
- Suzuki joins in on the third period fun to pick up his third of the season to make it 5-2!
- So, yes. It was our turn to have a good period.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) That would just be silly
2) If he doesn’t watch out he’s going to win the Rocket Richard
1) A double dose of Drouin