For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Kinkaid and Fleury get the nod
- The Wild are home for just the second time this season and have been struggling while the Habs are coming off of a huge win against the Blues last night
- Habs dominated last Thursday against the Wild
- Let’s do that hockey
- Fleury with a great chance early on
- Hartman gets in the way of a Weber shot and ooh damn that’s gotta hurt
- Traffic in front of Kinkaid and he’s knocked back but somehow manages to get on the puck and keep it scoreless
- Lehkonen called for high sticking on Hartman who appears to be bleeding - down a man for four
- Zucker scores, 1-0 Wild
- Montreal struggling to keep up with a rested Minnesota team, SOG 19-7 in favour of the Wild who are up by one heading into the second
- Montreal heads to the power play
- TOMMY TATAR gets the Habs on the board and me some quality fantasy points
- DANAULT bounces the puck off Dubnyk’s skate - Habs up 2-1 - two goals in 16 seconds!
- Kinkaid defies the laws of physics with a sprawling glove save and I’m fairly certain even Carey Price’s jaw just dropped
- Foligno wide open beside the net and capitalizes on the rebound in front of Kinkaid - tie game
- 20 minutes to win it
- DANAULT again!
- Tatar with a big shot out front but Dubnyk stops that one
- Minnesota back to the power play as Lord Byron doth get called for holding
- One-timer from Hunt finds the post and in. Tie game
- Dumba to the box so hopefully the Habs can get that one back...Habs cannot get anything set-up
- Petry is firing at all angles tonight
- Beautiful cross-ice pass from Zucker and Parise makes good
- Habs couldn’t hang on and end up losing to Minnesota 4-3
Highlight of the Night
It wasn’t one for the win column, but this save by Keith Kinkaid impressed everyone, including Carey Price
Keith Kinkaid are you kidding me?? pic.twitter.com/WKpv41IGZ0— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) October 20, 2019
EOTP 3 Stars
3) What are backups for?
2) What an odd decision
1) Weber they win or not, at least we can all have a bit of fun