For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Welcome home, Habs!
- Now is as good a time as any to get that first regulation win.
- How great would it be if Mete opened the scoring?
- Weal takes a hard hit to the face but no power play. Don’t tell me it’s going to be that kind of reffing. Did I mention he didn’t even have the puck?
- Athanasiou with a wrister but Price slides out to stop it. I feel Price is going to kick butt tonight.
- Weal hasn’t returned yet. Still feel you made the right call refs?
- Habs are scrambling around in their own end trying to find the puck. Hey guys, I know where it is. Helm just put it in the net.
- Wrist shot my Manta hits the crossbar. Just the crossbar though. No net. That’s the main thing. Right?
- Gally tries to take things into his own hands and battles the majority of Detroit (and even some Habs) with some nifty stickhandling and net crashing.
- Weal is back and gets two quality chances. Guess he’s feeling ok from that hit.
- Armia and his magic stick ties it up with less than a minute left!
- And Detroit immediately take back the lead. Well that was a good 30 seconds.
- I hope this isn’t too much to ask, but maybe we can get some defence this period?
- Domi with a power play goal!
- And of course this needs to be reviewed.
- But we get to keep it!
- Now Domi heads to the box for slashing. Oh, Domi. Felt guilty for that power play goal did you?
- Seems we’re switching it up this year and going from power-play issues to penalty-kill issues.
- Now would be a good time to get that comeback streak going.
- Price is all alone (shocking, I know) and shuts the door twice. We’re only in the first minute.
- Folin, man! Didn’t we just cover that the PK is not up to par tonight?
- Lehkonen goes hard into the boards after racing to the net. He’s still on the bench. He’s ok. He’s ok.
- We’re halfway through the final period. I mean, they have to start getting some kind of groove going soon, don’t they?
- A Suzuki bodycheck. That woke up the crowd!
- Too bad it hasn’t woken up the rest of his team.
- Helm breaks away and tries another wrist shot but Price stops him, can’t find the puck but Weber scoops it up and keeps the play going.
- Price heads to the bench with 1:30 remaining. Time to tie it up, fellas. I mean, OT is what you do.
- From his knees Glendening gets the empty-netter. Bit dramatic wasn’t it, Luke?
- First regulation loss doesn’t have the same ring to it as first regulation win.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) It was a fun three games when they could
2) Just need 17 more of him
1) Good effort from the goaltender. Now he needs some help.