For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Now this is how every week should start. Not only a Habs/Bruins showdown but a Price/Rask battle.
- Gallagher tried to check Chara. Awww... how cute.
- A slop-chop has Reilly heading to the box. Obviously nobody told him the Bruin’s have the third best power play in the league.
- Although, it was Marchand that he took down so he’s forgiven.
- Marchand picks up a turnover and takes off, only to meet the great wall of Price.
- Chara checks Kotkaniemi — gently. Thank goodness.
- This time Marchand beats Price. While four-on-four. Way to tempt fate there guys.
- Deslauriers points to center ice after puck drop and Miller is up for a little dance. Miller takes dancing a little too seriously.
- A Gally-goal ties it up with less than two minutes left. What an absolute perfect way to annoy Tuukka Rask.
- Price makes a save that leads to a mad scramble in front of the net. But the puck stays out so...whew.
- It’s been all Boston this period. Well, Boston and Carey Price.
- That’s it, Byron. Nice burst of effort. Everyone else take note.
- Except you, Price. You just keep doing what you’re doing baby.
- Gallagher sets up shop to try and notch his second of the night but, shockingly, it just ends in a kerfuffle.
- I don’t think anyone is enjoying this matchup more than Gallagher tonight.
- Byron straps on the jets and Rask doesn’t know what hits him as the puck zooms past his glove!
- Did I mention that was shorthanded? No? That was shorthanded.
- Mete is pumped. Right out of the gate, he drives to the net and pushes Rask in to it. Redbull!
- Gallagher plays follow the leader as four Bruins chase him while he drags the puck around the back of the net.
- Domi has scored exactly zero goals in the past 16 games. Whenever you’re ready Max.
- Price’s net gets knocked off as Heinen tries to disguise himself as a puck. Can’t fool us, Heinen.
- Three minutes left. It’s about that time where the Habs really start picking it up.
- Oh boy. This is no time to take a penalty Chaput. We are all very mad at you right now. Delay of game? Come on!
- Thirty-seven seconds remaining and Krejci ties it up.
- You are not forgiven, Chaput.
- Petry’s had enough! Fifteen seconds in and he calls it a game!
Highlight of the night
Jeff Petry's 200th career point comes on a baseball swing that would have made Mookie Betts proud. pic.twitter.com/ibfhhENv9t— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) January 15, 2019
EOTP 3 Stars
3) The percentage won’t be dropping tonight.
2) I don’t remember if the ref blew the whistle for this one or not...
1) The best sound in the game.