For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
As of this moment, your Montreal Canadiens are STILL UNDEFEATED. Let’s relish in that.
- We are playing Max Domi as top-line Centre. Cool, fine, nothing ironic about that AT ALL.
- Florida sent grown-ups, meanwhile most of our roster was born after the last Canadiens Cup win.
- Price lets one by less than five minutes into the game, it is the Panthers’ second shot on net...
- That trademark Paul Byron speed is always both fun and dangerous.
- CAREY PRICE, IT IS TOO EARLY IN THE YEAR TO BE GOING ON OUT-OF-NET ADVENTURES. Stay in your net please.
- Okay that second Florida goal should not have been a thing. It was a long off-season for refs as well as players...
- MONTREAL SCORES! Matthew Peca scores on the power play?!?!
Matthew Peca: Big fan of The Who's "Pinball Wizard" with this goal pic.twitter.com/Wj2KvRt8oY— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 20, 2018
- Don’t front flip over Price, we get sensitive about that kind of thing here in Montreal.
- Suzuki looked pretty good on the power play. Brought Maximum effort, Patched some holes.
- Max Domi just wants Montreal to get some 4-on-4 practice.
- Lernout looks intimidating. It’s not so much his play as it is his eyebrows though.
- Carey Price makes the kind of short-handed save that reminds us why we love him.
- Paul Byron’s breakaways are in mid-season form.
- Montreal is getting even more 4 on 4 practice.
- Max Domi wants a piece of Aaron Ekblad (probably his beard). It feels highly unnecessary and nothing good is going to come from this.
- Seven minutes is a lot of penalty time to kill but Montreal is doing a pretty good job.
- Or a Reilly good job, as they get a short-handed chance AND kill off the lengthy PK.
- Jonathan Huberdeau is exchanging punches with PAUL BYRON. My first question is, why? My second question is, how did he even catch Paul Byron?
- Florida placed that shot very well, and found the back of Nemo’s net.
- Niemi thinks he’s Carey Price for a second and decides to go on an out-of-net adventure of his own. It does not end well.
- Suzuki can do some pretty things with a puck.
- Peca makes a beautiful play and Scherbak turns it into a goal. More of this please.
- Scherbak pulls down a Bjugstad mid shot, so it is a credited as a Panthers goal, despite going wide. That is a weird thing that happens.
- Between the pushing and shoving there was some good hockey in this one.