For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Welcome to the first game of the pre-build...I mean re-build...I mean pre-season.
- Tatar is starting off great, I mean it’s one minute into game one of the pre-season, but still.
- Alzner in the 27...NOPE. TOO SOON KARL, TOO SOON.
- Kotkaniemi is adding a little of something nice.
- It has been 5 months and 11 days since we last heard the words “Here comes Gallagher”. I missed it.
- The Habs let in a goal and had zero shots on that power play. Rosters may change, but apparently our power play remains consistent.
- I’m glad Plekanec is back.
- Deslauriers tosses his mitts and earns himself a win in a fight against the Babadook.
- Juulsen and Mete are a pairing that makes one stare whimsically at the sky and feel optimistic about this teams future.
- Brendan Gallagher was looking a bit lonely out there.
- I am still very grateful to Vegas for not taking Hudon.
- The Habs’ penalty kill was effective.
- Devils Lovejoy is being a bit pushy. Make Lovejoy not Warjoy, Ben. (Don’t judge me, it’s pre-season for puns too, they will get better as the season progresses).
- This Habs roster is definitely not lacking in speed.
- It’s Kotkaniemi’s first penalty as a Hab. Kids grow up so fast.
- Gallagher with an almost but not quite.
- The Habs are coming out strong early in this period.
- Devils score but it’s fine it’s called off so it’s fine.
- VICTOR METE ties it up!!!
- NOW CHARLES HUDON?!? That one was really something.... I need my protractor.
- JESPERI KOTKANIEMI!!!!! This is fun. He is having fun. I am having fun.
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 18, 2018
Kotkaniemi with his first in a Habs uniform pic.twitter.com/hVSkd5gy9G
- That was a lot of goals in a short amount of time.
- The Canadiens successfully defended that lead.
- Montreal Canadiens are undefeated so far this (pre)season.